Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
B. in Humanities
The Bachelor's Degree offers information about the main contents of Humanities and its historical context, and is extremely attractive for those who want to obtain a wide and deep training in humanistic culture. Academic opportunities. Relation with other studies
This program gives preferential access to UAL's Master in Social Communication, Master in English Studies, and Master in Gender Studies, as access to Doctorate in Arts and Humanities. In order to become a Secondary School teacher, one has to undertake the appropriate Master.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Undergraduate programs, the basic requirements are to have a High-School diploma and a B1 Spanish Language certificate.
Please use the "Request information" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module 1. Basic Training
- Arabic I
- Arabic II
- Basic Principles for Analysis and Use of the Spanish Language
- Classical culture and citizenship
- Creative writing
- Culture and Citizenship in today's World
- English I
- English II
- French I.
- French II
- German I
- German II
- History of universal Art Culture
- Human Geography I
- Physical and Regional Geography
- Trends in Historiography: the great Paradigms
Module 2. Historical Foundations and Critical Analysis
- Contemporary Art History
- History of Art: from the first Manifestations of Art to the Late Middle Ages
- History of Art II: from the Renaissance to Postmodernism
- History of the Classical World
- History of the Medieval World
- History of the Modern World
- History of today's World
- Prehistory: from the Neolithic Revolution to the first States
Module 3. Language and Communication
- Classical Tradition in English Literature: the Reception of Drama
- Classical Tradition in English Literature: the Reception of Genres
- Classical Tradition in Spanish Literature: Reception of Mythology
- Classical Tradition in Spanish Literature: Reception of Rhetoric and Poetics
- Foundations of General Linguistics
- Literature, Image and Communication Technology
- Oral expression
- Written expression
Module 4. Cultural Expressions
- Anthropology of contemporary Migration
- Peace, Human rights and universal citizenship
- Social Anthropology
- Society and Globalization in anglophone Countries
Module 5. Landscape and Territory Science
- Human Geography II. Landscape and territory
- Techniques for Territory and Space Analysis
- Town and country planning
Module 6. Sciences of Society and Thought
- Aesthetics in contemporary Culture
- Current philosophical debates
Module 7. Advanced Modern Language
- Arabic III
- Arabic IV
- English for Academic Purposes
- English III
- French III
- French IV
- German III
- German IV
Module 8. Contexts of the Grade, Professional Environments and End of Studies Dissertation
- Culture Industry
- Degree Final Project
- Democracy in the Western World: Building processes
- External Practices
- The Cinema, Society and Culture
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 823.12 EUR
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
The General Objectives will be:
- To train educated citizens, capable of establishing a critical and commited relationship with current reality.
- Acquisition of abilities and skills which will enable them to diagnose and transform the complex reality within their reach, in accordance with the values of the culture of peace and democracy, with special emphasis on respect to human Rights and the rights of equality between men and women.
- To train people with the capacity for analyzing problems, searching information and adopting decisions.
- To offer the future graduates a corpus of knowledge that will enable them to adapt to any activity of cultural or creative management starting from general knowledge.
- Advance training in a second language, from among those offered by the College of Humanities in the degrees of English Studies and Spanish Philology, which at present are: German, Arabic, French and English.
- Training teachers and researchers to be able to integrate the different study perspectives and apply them to the labour market requirements
After completing the Master in Secondary School Teaching, students have access to teaching at that level.
Linked to the Grade in History, to the Grade in English Studies and to the Grade in Spanish Philology. It is related to the Master in Social Communication, Master in English Studies, and Master in Gender Studies as access to Doctorate in Arts and Humanities. In order to become a Secondary School teacher, one has to undertake the appropriate Master
- Teaching in Secondary School and Bachillerato (through the Master in Secondary School Teaching)
- University Teaching and Research (through the Doctorate)
- Public civil servants in general (up to Group A)
- Management of heritage and tourist and cultural animation.
- Creative and cultural Companies.
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Humanities? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic