This degree course is accredited by the University of Birmingham.
This degree course is accredited by Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
In the increasingly competitive business environment, there is rising demand for creativity, innovation and uniqueness. This in turn has created a growing demand for businesses to be enterprising. Our Business Enterprise course has been developed in close partnership with industry experts to give you the business knowledge and work experience you need to advance in management positions throughout the enterprising service sector or set up your own business. This course gives you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of core business functions and activities and to appreciate how they work together in a contemporary global and digital business environment.
As it explores the basis of entrepreneurial activity, this course will develop your essential business and management skills so you can identify and respond to any type of business opportunity. It also allows you to apply theory to practice by undertaking live projects for local industry partners.
An important part of this course is giving you the opportunity to develop your own business plan as an option for your final year research project, with our industry partners contributing to your business development process.
Additionally, the course is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. If you successfully complete the Business Enterprise Foundation Degree or BA (Hons) Degree, you will also be eligible for a Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI. You also gain CMI membership for the duration of your course which allows you access to a wide range of additional CMI learning resources to further support your studies. More information can be found here.
Why should I chose this course?
- If you are thinking of beginning your career in the business industry or setting up your own business, this course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- You will learn about the business environment as a whole and gain a thorough understanding of both traditional and contemporary business functions and practices.
- It will enable you to develop the business-ready skills that employers are looking for from future graduates.
- You will be learning from experienced lecturers and industry professionals through a mix of lectures, seminars, workshops, ‘real world’ simulations and guest lecturers.
- You will learn how to evaluate the success of business activities through a range of innovative assessments including e-debates, academic posters, action plans and management reports.
- You will receive a professional Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI.
- Give yourself the employment edge and learn a language as an optional module.
All new students studying a full-time, undergraduate or PGCE course, paying fees at the maximum rate (£9,250), and with a student status of Home, EU or Channel Isles are eligible to receive £300 per year via the Kick-Start Scheme. To find out more about how these funds can support your studies and your future career, and to find out if you are eligible for an additional £500 per year, visit Kick-Start FAQs.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
- The External Business Environment
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Marketing Dynamics
- People and Organisations
- Planning for Professional Development
- Principles of Communication
- Principles of Finance
- Employability in Practice
- Enterprise Start-up Studies
- Finance for Enterprises
- Leading People
- Research for Enterprise
Optional Work Placement
- Professional Placement
Plus one option from:
- Voluntary Initiative
- Modern Languages (Upper Intermediate)
- Applied e-Business and e-Marketing
- Creative Communications
- Operational Sales Management
- Business Innovation and the Environment
- Advertising Psychology
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and Change Management
Plus one option from:
- Financial Strategy
- Brand Management
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
- Advertising and Media Management
- International Marketing
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Research Project
- Research Design (for Block only)
- Entrepreneurial Project
The modules listed on the website for this course are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by industry as well as the latest teaching methods. Unless otherwise stated, the modules listed above for this course are for students starting in the academic year 2020/21. On occasion, we may need to make unexpected changes to modules and if this occurs, we will contact all offer holders as soon as possible.
- UK/EU - £9,250. If you are an English or EU student studying your first higher education qualification, you can apply for a tuition fee loan from the Student Loans Company. You will not start repaying this loan until you leave the course and are earning over £2500 a year.
- Non-EU - £10,300
Upon successful completion of this course, previous students have started their own businesses, whilst others have developed careers in a wide variety of business sectors.
Graduating with this degree will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Business enterprise
- Sales and marketing
- Business development
- Small business consultation
- Product development
hired@UCB is our student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, the hired@UCB team comprises specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships and apprenticeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
About this institute
University College of Birmingham
Based in the heart of the UK’s biggest regional city, University College Birmingham (UCB) is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. UCB specialises in vocational courses in both the Higher Education and Further Education sectors with...
Why study at University College Birmingham
Why Choose Us?
Your choice of college or university will play an important part in shaping your career and fulfilling your ambitions.
It’s crucial you pick a place that feels right for you – and where you will be happy. It needs to be a university that will help you achieve your goals; a place you can trust.
So why choose University College Birmingham? Where shall we begin…?
The first thing you need to know is that UCB is a compact, specialist institution in the heart of England’s biggest regional city. Birmingham has the buzz of a major city without the inflated London price tag.
The University is big on vocational courses – the majority of which are accredited by the University of Birmingham – and big on linking academic theory to modern workplace skills. It’s also big on you. Our size and teaching philosophy means the focus is on each individual student. At University College Birmingham, you will never be a face in the crowd.
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Want to know more about Business Enterprise? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
8,300 EUR-9,100 EUR
8,600 EUR-9,500 EUR