BSc International Relations and Global Affairs
Are you interested in learning about different societies, cultural traditions, and institutions around the world? Do you wonder why some countries are wealthier than others? Why some are in peace and others at war? Are you interested in learning how international disputes may be peacefully resolved? Would you like to understand how different regional civilizations have evolved, and how these characteristics continue to affect societies today? The Undergraduate programme in International Relations and Global Affairs (IRGA) is a unique programme addressing these topics. Combining history and political science, economics and law, sociology and psychology, the programme provides a coherent interdisciplinary curriculum that allows students to develop their understanding of how people, groups, countries, and international organizations interact in different parts of the world.
To ensure close contact with the professional world, students enrolled on the degree will benefit from exposure to experts of institutions and organizations active in the political, social and economic areas of the international relations context. One or more international scholars will be part of the B.Sc. faculty on a “visiting professorship” basis. In 2018/2019, Ibrahim Al Marashi, visiting from California State University, taught International Relations and Martin Klein, visiting from Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, taught International Economics.
IRGA’s interdisciplinary curriculum includes a wide range of disciplines: from History, Sociology, Politics, Psychology, Economics, International Relations, Law and Quantitative Methods. This curriculum thus requires entry students to already be familiar with world history, institutions and cultures and to master basic logical, quantitative and analytical tools.
The program contains a substantial quantitative component and candidates should have a solid grasp of mathematics. This can be demonstrated either by their transcripted Secondary School grades in Math or by taking a standardized test such as the SATs or the ACTs. International candidates are therefore encouraged to submit SAT (evidence-based reading, writing and math) or ACT (writing, reading and math) test scores, which will be considered by the admission board and strengthen their application.
English language proficiency requirements
Candidates need to upload a recognized English language certificate to the online application.
- Academic IELTS: 6.0
- TOELF iBT: 84
- Cambridge English: First, Advanced, Proficiency: 173
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage, Business Higher: 173
- Cambridge IGCSE First Language English: D
- Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language: C
General diploma requirements
The following requirements are based on the guidelines for admission published every year by the Italian Ministry for Education.
All candidates must:
- complete high school studies and hold their Secondary School Diploma before August 30, 2021
- hold a high school qualification conferred after a minimum of 12 years of previous global schooling and achieved after at least 2 years of attendance within the same national education system.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced English for international relations
- History of political institutions
- Political science
- Principles of economics
- Public law and governance
- Quantitative methods for social sciences
- Global ethics and restorative justice
- History of international relations
- History of political thought
- International and European Union law
- International economics
- International relations
- One foreign language among: French, Spanish, German, Arabic and Chinese
- Economic geography
- Geo-politics and Geo-history
- Global economic policies and institutions
- International History: the wider Mediterranean area
- Politics in media
- Social psychology
- Eligible courses
- Final examination
- Democracy, institutions and economic development
- Diversity in organisation and cross-cultural management
- Ethnic and religious minorities in Western Asia and North Africa
- Indian Ocean World
- Information systems
- Logistics and operation management
- Management and organization in the digital economy
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fees for 2021/2022:
- Minimum fees for EU students: €3500 (for lower family incomes and cheaper courses) per year
- Maximum fees for EU students: €9200 (for higher family incomes and more expensive courses) per year
- Non-EU students: €8190
- Degree awarded: Degree in Political Science and International Relations
- Total ECTS: 180
Holding a degree in International Relations and Global Affairs will allow you to consider a number of different options for your future career: your political, historical and economic skills will be the perfect base for an international career in governmental institutions and NGOs, or in journalism; your grasp of psychology and group dynamics will tailor you for the HR department of large organizations and firms, and your quantitative skills will suit you for consultancies as well as for international marketing research.
About this institute
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Università Cattolica students and alumni feel fortunate to be part of the largest private university in Europe, characterised by a strong commitment to providing dedicated services to students and by its recognised academic quality.Studying at Cattolica means studying in an...
Why study at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largest private university in Europe
Historical University with 100 years of history, largest private university in Europe for number of enrolled students. True international experience, more than 150 different nationalities represented in amazing destinations such as Milan, Rome, Brescia, Cremona and Piacenza.
Internationally recognized quality teaching
Multidisciplinary university with 12 different Schools, 40+ English taught programmes at all study levels in several different study fields. 13 of our academic disciplines are listed in the top 300, QS Global Rankings by Subject (2021).
Exceptionally strong ties with the industry
Exposure and connections to relevant employers of the highest prestige: industrial ties with the most globally renowned companies, allowing networking and internship opportunities. With an exceptional graduate placement rate after studying, we rank number 1 in the country for Employer-Student Connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020).
Want to know more about BSc International Relations and Global Affairs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America
Alabama, United States of America