Master's Degree in Automatic Control and RoboticsUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Automatic Control and Robotics
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Automatic Control and Robotics
The master's degree in Automatic Control and Robotics focuses on engineering in the fields of automatic control and robotics. It combines knowledge of industrial engineering, such as electrical and mechanical engineering, industrial electronics and some aspects of artificial intelligence.
The programme lasts two academic years and includes a master’s thesis and training in an industrial or research environment. It is divided into compulsory and free-elective subjects. Compulsory subjects provide students with multidisciplinary education in automatic control systems, robotics and robotised systems in various environments; computer vision; computer technology and communication in processing elements; and scientific and technological tools. In free-elective subjects, students complete their training in their areas of interest.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
The most suitable educational profiles are:
- Engineering degrees related to automatic control and robotics (Industrial, Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical, IT and Telecommunications Engineering, among others).
- Physics or Mathematics degrees.
English level B2.2 is required. In exceptional cases, for reasons pertaining to the curriculum and the adaptation of the degree required for admission, this requirement may be lowered to level B1.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Industrial Scheduling
- Linear Multivariable Control Systems
- Computer Vision
- Optimization in Control & Robotics
- Robotics , Kinematics, Dynamics and Control
- Modelling, Identification and Simulation of Dynamical Systems
- Mobile Robots & Navigation
- Business Administration
- Pattern Recognition & Machine Learning
- Non Linear Control Systems
- Human Resources Management
- Technological Innovation
- Planning and Implementation of Robotic Systems
- Embedded & Real Time Systems
- Master's Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Approximate fees (per year):
- EU students: €5,533
- Non-EU students: €8,300
120 ECTS credits
- Carry out measurements and calculations.
- Create mathematical models and simulations of the problems studied.
- Monitor studies and reports.
- Identify faults and possible improvements in automated systems.
- Plan, coordinate and undertake maintenance tasks that are corrective, preventative or predictive.
- Quantitatively and qualitatively analyse the operation of processes and make improvements.
- Look for relevant information on the problems that the study is based on. Verify the state of the question and provide a solution to the problem.
- Apply knowledge to a wide range of areas: industrial, aeronautic and services in general.
- Draw up operating specifications.
For more information, please visit the university website.
This master’s degree produces graduates who have attained a high level of excellence in the analysis, management and optimisation of process control and robotics, industrial engineering and residential, social and service environments—activities which are essential for social progress, economic productivity and quality of life.
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Automatic Control and Robotics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alabama, United States of America