Master's Degree in Artificial IntelligenceUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence
The Master's degree in Artificial Intelligence was created as a synergy between the doctoral programme in Artificial Intelligence (AI) at the Barcelona School of Informatics of the UPC, the School of Engineering of the Rovira i Virgili University (URV) and the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Barcelona (UB). It guarantees an interdisciplinary education in which computer science intersects with philosophy, psychology, linguistics, engineering and other fields. It focuses on knowledge engineering, automatic learning and multi-agent systems, natural language processing, reasoning and problem solving, soft computing and AI technologies, and the application of AI techniques to professional practice.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
In addition to these general access requirements, which apply to all master's degree courses, specific admission requirements may be set for each programme.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Computational Intelligence
- Computational Vision
- Introduction to Human Language Technology
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Introduction to Multiagent Systems
- Planning and Approximate Reasoning
- Advanced Human Language Technologies
- Advanced Topics in Computational Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
- Artificial Intelligence Seminar
- Artificial Vision & Pattern Recognition
- Assistive and Health-Care Technologies
- Big Data Analytics
- Cognitive Robotics
- Complex Networks
- Deep Learning
- Human Language Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Intelligent Data Analysis Applications in Business
- Knowledge and Representation Engineering
- Logics for Artificial Intelligence
- Minds, Brains and Machines
- Multi-Robot Systems
- Multiagent System Design
- New Trends in Robotics
- Nlp Over Open Linked Data
- Object Recognition
- Personalized Multi-Criteria Decision Support Systems
- Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Self Organizing Multiagent Systems
- Supervised and Experiential Learning
- Unsupervised and Reinforcement Learning
- Cognitive Interaction with Robots
- Constraint Processing and Programming
- Intelligent Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Intelligent Decision Support Systems
- Intelligent System Project
- Master's Thesis
- Normative and Dynamic Virtual Worlds
- Professional Practice in Artificial Intelligence
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Approximate fees (per year):
- EU students: €4,149
- Non-EU students: €6,224
90 ECTS credits
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design and implement computer-based studies, including cost analysis and execution adjusted to the available resources and the existing procedures.
- Satisfy the information-analysis needs of organisations and identify sources of uncertainty and variability.
- Solve the decision-making problems of organisations and integrate intelligent tools.
- Apply artificial intelligence techniques in technological and industrial settings in order to improve quality and productivity.
- Design, draft and present reports on computer-related projects that are specific to the field of artificial intelligence.
- Design new computer tools and artificial intelligence techniques in their professional practice.
- Assimilate and integrate changes in the economic, social and technological milieu into the goals and procedures of computer work in intelligent systems.
- Respect regulations and ethics in their professional practice.
- Respect the environment and design and develop intelligent systems that promote environmental sustainability.
The doctoral degree in AI, which follows on from this master’s degree, was awarded the Spanish Ministry of Education’s Quality Award every year from 2003 to 2010. It is now a verified programme.
The master’s degree is addressed to students who wish to acquire advanced knowledge in AI in order to occupy positions of responsibility in industry, the public sector or academia, in Spain or abroad. The programme covers many research areas related to the design, analysis and application of AI. Students who undertake this master’s degree will be equipped to:
- Deal with technically complex problems that require a degree of innovation and/or research.
- Make strategically important decisions within their professional domain.
- Pursue doctoral studies within the domain of information and communication technologies at the UPC, the URV, the UB or abroad.
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 64 bachelor’s degrees, 75 master’s programs (30 of them fully in...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...