About this program
Master's Degree in Sociology: Social Transformations and Innovation
The main objective of the master's degree in in Sociology: Social Transformations and Innovation is to train scientists and professionals capable of leading the study of social change and the creation of social technologies, and of proposing new solutions to collective challenges and improving our institutions and societies.
Against a backdrop of rapid structural change, sociology provides the models and methods to diagnose and analyse the full complexity of the social transformations taking place, allows for the identification and evaluation of options for change, and enables the proposal and evaluation of positive intervention strategies that can shape future possibilities and foster creativity and innovation.
This master's degree provides an overview of current social change and the strategic challenges it poses, develops students' transferable skills for the scientific analysis of processes of social transformation and innovation, and builds on their ability to design and evaluate intervention models.
The languages of instruction for this program are Spanish: 75%, English: 25%.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The master's degree in Sociology: Social Transformations and Innovation aims to train scientists and professionals capable of leading the study of social change and the creation of social technologies, and of proposing new solutions to collective challenges and improving our institutions and societies.
Students admitted to the course will:
- Become experts in social and organizational change, with the knowledge and skills to take on leadership roles as effective analysts and managers in the public, private or tertiary sector.
- Develop the skills to become innovative social researchers capable of working in any type of centre for social research or of pursuing further study and research at doctoral level.
- Acquire specialized training for the planning, design and implementation of social transformation and innovation initiatives.
- Develop the skills acquired in other areas of study and professional practice and build a solid base of theoretical knowledge and technical competences in the field of sociology and analysis of social transformation and innovation.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Students who complete the master's degree will be suited to a wide range of professional roles in the public, private and service sectors.
In the private sector, opportunities are available in strategic planning, consultancy and studies services for major companies, and in a number of marketing and market research positions.
In the public and service sectors, opportunities are available in:
- Strategic planning and the design and evaluation of public policies;
- Management roles in the framework of social intervention or prevention programs;
- Specialist positions at local development agencies;
- Social, environmental and cultural consulting;
- Urban planning; and
- The management of documentation and resource centres.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Universitat de Barcelona
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Sociology: Social Transformations and Innovation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!