About this program
Master's Degree in Reservoir Geology and Geophysics
The master's degree Reservoir Geology and Geophysics is an interuniversity degree coordinated by the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Barcelona. It is intended to provide students with training in the main lines of R&D&I currently pursued in the exploration and geological and geophysical characterization of geological reservoirs.
Students will gain familiarity with the most modern techniques and tools currently used by the members of research teams involved as teaching faculty in the program. These techniques and tools include the three-dimensional characterization of reservoirs and the analogical and numerical modelling of geological processes. The rapid spread of these techniques makes them fundamental to the effective characterization of structural systems and sedimentary reservoirs.
The languages of instruction for this program are English (95%) and Spanish (5%).
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- 3D Geological and Reservoir modelling
- Advanced Geology and Geophysics
- Analysis of Geophysical Data
- Basin Analysis
- Basin Architecture
- Carbonate Sedimentology
- Clastic Sedimentology
- Field Acquisition of Geophysical Data
- Final project
- Geophysical Characterization and Monitoring of Reservoirs
- Integrated Analysis of Real Basin and Reservoir Analogues
- Lithosphere Dynamics
- Petroleum Systems
- Reflection Seismology: Processing and Interpretation
- Reservoir Geology
- Structural Geology
- Surface Geophysics
- Well Log Analysis and Petrophysics
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The main objective of the master's degree Reservoir Geology and Geophysics is for students to gain a thorough understanding of geological and geophysical techniques (currently in common use, newly introduced or in development) in order to apply them to the study and effective characterization of structural systems and sedimentary reservoirs.
The aim is for students to gain familiarity with the most modern techniques and tools currently being developed and used by leading research teams and by the main companies engaged in exploration for natural resources.
Students on the master's program Reservoir Geology and Geophysics will:
- Obtain highly qualified professional preparation and be able to meet the most demanding requirements of companies exploring and managing sedimentary reservoirs.
- Enhance their knowledge of methodology in order to work successfully as researchers in the analysis and modelling of geological reservoirs and structural systems.
- Expand and consolidate their knowledge of the characterization and modelling of processes governing the genesis and subsequent evolution of sedimentary geological reservoirs.
- Acquire this training within a solid conceptual framework of geological and geophysical knowledge, both general and specialized, enabling students to develop general standards for the application of these techniques in each circumstance.
To achieve these general objectives, the program seeks to complete the education of each student in the concepts, methodologies and techniques used by research teams involved in the geological and geophysical characterization of sedimentary reservoirs.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Reservoir Geology and Geophysics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Ostrava, Czech Republic
Carson, United States of America