Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Leadership and Management in Nursing
The university master's degree in Leadership and Management of Nursing Services has a long academic history. Since 1992, the Nursing School of the University of Barcelona has been teaching a face-to-face master's degree in Management of Nursing Services and an online master's degree in Management of Healthcare Centres as UB-specific degrees.
This experience led to the planning of a university master's degree, with the title of Leadership and Management of Nursing Services, officially recognized for the EHEA by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of the Spanish government and the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU).
This degree is taught on a blended learning schedule and offers cross-disciplinary training with a teaching staff that encompasses academic, managerial and collegial specialists, thus guaranteeing broad training in the field of nursing management and leadership.
The program is also available in Catalan.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In this program, students will acquire the generic and specific skills needed to carry out nursing management and leadership tasks in healthcare institutions, using scientific evidence and skills necessary to improve quality of care, staff training, optimized work systems, optimization of human and material resources and team leadership.
Acquiring competences in leadership, management and research through this master's degree prepares graduates for the following professional careers:
- Management and middle management in healthcare institutions.
- Quality nursing staff.
- Leadership of nursing and interprofessional teams.
- Management or staff at nursing research and methodology units in healthcare centres.
- Management of healthcare teams in different kinds of healthcare centres.
- Coordination of nursing teams in care units.
- Planning of healthcare services.
- Nursing staff in clinical trials.
- Specialized healthcare staff in innovation departments for the healthcare business sector.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Leadership and Management in Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia