Master's Degree in Educational Psychology - MIPE
The interuniversity master's degree Educational Psychology MIPE was launched in the academic year 2006-07 as a joint initiative between four Catalan universities: the UB, the Autonomous University of Barcelona, the University of Girona and Ramon Llull University.
The degree program has a professional pathway, leading to the specialization in Psychoeducational Intervention, and an academic and research pathway, leading to the specialization in Psychoeducational Research. Students who successfully complete either of the pathways will be awarded the official interuniversity master's degree qualification in Educational Psychology. The course is also linked to the interuniversity doctoral program in Educational Psychology'DIPE, which is open to those students who complete the specialization in Psychoeducational Research.
In 2016, the MIPE obtained the accreditation of excellence from the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October, students wishing to be admitted to a university master's degree must hold one of the following qualifications:
- Official Spanish university degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification issued by an institution outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, applicants must request homologation of the degree to its equivalent official Spanish university qualification or obtain express approval from the University of Barcelona, which will conduct a study of equivalence to ensure that the degree is of a comparable level to an official Spanish university qualification and that it grants access to university master's degree study in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The interuniversity master's degree Educational Psychology'MIPE offers two specializations attached to two specific degree pathways:
Specialization in Psycho-educational Intervention
Professional pathway: participants will gain the ability to plan and carry out psycho-educational activities with a high degree of specialization in individual, group and institutional situations, and to treat people over the course of their lives.
Specialization in Psycho-educational Research
Research or academic pathway: participants will acquire the ability to generate high-quality scientific output, conduct and critically analyse highly specialized research and to create, analyse and publicize information and impart qualified training in the psychology of education.
Through the acquisition of the credits required to earn the interuniversity master's degree in Educational Psychology, participants are expected to develop and acquire the set of general and specific competences related to these two career pathways.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The MIPE qualifies graduates to work as educational psychologists in all social and institutional contexts that involve processes of personal change resulting from the more or less intentional educational influence of other agents in formal education (primary and secondary schools) and informal education (cultural associations, companies, sports clubs and museums).
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Educational Psychology - MIPE? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain