Master's Degree in Ecology, Environmental Management and Restoration
The master's degree Ecology, Environmental Management and Restoration aims to train professionals capable of developing and applying preventive and corrective techniques to solve environmental degradation problems, and know how to manage properly natural systems; and train scientists specialized in the field of ecology in the study of populations, communities, and the functioning of ecosystems. The masters degree provides scientific knowledge, methodological or technical skills, and advanced and multidisciplinary specialized training. The Master also encourages students to participate in applied projects with research groups and public or private organizations to gain experience in this discipline.
In addition, this master's degree is a response to the increasing demands of society for greater environmental conservation and management and a more sustainable use of natural resources.
The Masters degree in Ecology, Environmental Management and Restoration is aimed at graduates in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Biology, Biology or in the field of Biosciences, Marine Sciences, Geology, Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering in Chemistry, Forestry, Agricultural, and Civil or related to it. The Master is also aimed at professionals working in public administration and environmental consultants interested in updating knowledge.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Vulnerability of ecosystems
- Economy and environmental management
- Statistical analysis techniques
- Advances in ecology of populations and communities
- System dynamics in ecology
- Description, evaluation and diagnosis of ecosystems
- Landscape ecology and plant communities
- Environmental legislation and land-use management
- Biodiversity and Function in lakes and ponds
- Environmental biotechnology
- Macroevolutionary ecology
- Structures and processes in marine ecosystems
- Marine Ecological interactions
- Ecotoxicology in aquatic systems
- Forest ecology and management
- Global change effects on trees and forests
- Management and restoration of fluvial systems
- Management and restoration of polluted soils
- Forest fires and forest restoration
- Water resources and aquifer restoration
- Creating and restoring wetlands
- Regeneration of beaches and dunes
- Rehabilitation of quarries and slopes
- Seminars on Global Change
- Geographic Information System applications
- Population Viability Analysis
- River ecosystems: biodiversity sampling and analysis techniques
- Marine benthos Ecology
- Marine Protected Areas
- Acquire professional training in the field of environmental sciences to develop and apply preventive and corrective techniques to cope with the degradation of nature.
- Provide tools and skills to develop ecosystem restoration projects and for environmental management.
- Obtain advanced scientific training (conceptual and methodological) in the study of populations, communities, and ecosystems.
Students who obtain the Master in Ecology, Environmental Management and Restoration will be prepared to:
- Develop professional activity in environmental consulting and civil engineering companies specialized in drafting management plans of natural environments, and in the execution of environmental restoration projects.
- Focusing its professional activity in public administration departments with responsibilities for management and conservation of natural areas, and monitoring restoration works.
- Work as specialized technicians on environment issues in local and regional administrations.
- To be an autonomous professional and expert in environmental assessment, in the development of environmental diagnostic studies and in drafting of management and restoration projects in natural areas.
- Perform a doctoral thesis and end up conducting a teaching and research career in the field of Ecology and Environmental Biology.
- Developing academic and research activities in universities and research centers on the ecology of populations, communities and ecosystems.
- To be "project managers" in the direction and management of research and development competitive projects in the field of Ecology and Environmental Biology.
- Incorporate as specialized technicians in the field of research, working with multidisciplinary teams, in public or private entities, that develop new environmental planning and management strategies, or are investigating new instruments to mitigate environmental degradation.
- Disseminate scientific and professional activity in Ecology, Restoration and Environmental Management.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...