Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Bioethics and Law (UB-specific)Universitat de Barcelona
Master's Degree in Bioethics and Law (UB-specific)
The Master in Bioethics and Law has been running successfully since 1995 with the most high professional standards. It is organized by the Bioethics and Law Observatory and the University of Barcelona’s UNESCO Chair in Bioethics, and is part of the Integrated Base Program for the Study of Bioethics created under the framework of UNESCO’s Educational Program. Its faculty includes both renowned professionals and academics.
The Master’s goal is to provide up-to-date training in Bioethics through the use of blended-learning combining the potential of classroom teaching with the power of the New Technologies of Information and Communication. Sessions are held at the University of Barcelona during a period of two weeks a year in order to facilitate the assistance of international students.
This program is suitable for:
- Professionals of health related disciplines.
- Public officials from institutions from the health sector.
- Jurists whose specific field of work requires for a better understanding of Bioethics.
- Philosophers, humanists, psychologists, technologists, anthropologists and sociologists.
- University and secondary education professors who need to further their knowledge of Bioethics.
- Professionals from the communication field.
- Graduated students with interest in Bioethics.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
1st year: Ethical, legal and social aspects
- Ethical basis for bioethics
- Legal basis for bioethics
- Economy of health and public health
- Bioethics in healthcare
2nd year: Health issues and biotechnology
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Euthanasia, transplants and disability
- Research, genetics and psychiatry
- Environment, big data and biotechnology
- Final dissertation (Master's Thesis)
- Program enrollment fee: 10.200 € (total)
- First year: 4.250 €
- Second year: 5.950 €
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
The Master's Degree in Bioethics and Law (MBD) of the University of Barcelona will be awarded to all those enrolled ―holding a university degree― who pass the program.
- To provide a comprehensive, flexible and integrated vision of bioethics and its implications in the context of Human Rights.
- To provide interdisciplinary training on how to analyze ethical problems arising from research when applied to biotechnology.
- To encourage teamwork among professionals from different disciplines and origin in order to create stable networks for bioethical discussion.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Bioethics and Law (UB-specific)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...