Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Advanced Nursing Clinical Practice
The main aim of the Master's Degree in Advanced Nursing Clinical Practice is to provide specialised training and update knowledge so that students gain advanced clinical and research competences. On completion of the master's degree, nursing professionals will have learnt skills to improve current nursing care practices on the basis of scientific evidence, and to create new, specialised knowledge in nursing of cancer and chronic disease patients.
The Master's Degree in Advanced Nursing Clinical Practice is part of the internationalization project for the Master's Degree in Healthcare and the national diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice, within the Parcours international en Sciences infirmières - Pratique avancée et Master Santé, conducted by Aix-Marseille University. Six universities in France, Spain, Canada and the United States are part of this project, with the aim of promoting international connections and collaboration in training, innovation and research in advanced nursing practice.
The languages of instruction for this program are Spanish 40%; Catalan 40%; English 20%.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- To acquire specialised training and update knowledge to work in advanced nursing clinical practice in the areas of chronic diseases and cancer.
- To gain a solid, broad base of knowledge that will enable students to go on to doctoral programs on nursing research in the aforementioned areas, and to acquire the knowledge and skills required to undertake research in the health field.
The acquisition of clinical and research competences in the University Master's Degree in Advanced Nursing Clinical Practice prepares future graduates for career opportunities in the following professions:
- Case manager in the clinical environment.
- Advanced clinical practice nurse.
- Head or member of the methodology and nursing research unit in healthcare centres.
- Head of health teams who care for people who have been diagnosed with cancer.
- Head of health teams who care for people with chronic diseases and advanced chronic diseases.
- Genetic counselling and screening nurse.
- Clinical trials nurse.
- Consultant on nursing care for cancer.
- Consultant on nursing care for chronic disease and advanced chronic disease.
- Health specialist in innovative departments in the corporate health sector.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Advanced Nursing Clinical Practice? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...