MA in International TourismUniversità della Svizzera italiana
MA in International Tourism
All available course dates
Why study the Master in International Tourism at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Switzerland?
- Master the skills needed for success in the International Tourism industry using the analytical tools provided by the only Swiss Tourism University Master in English recognized by the Swiss government
- In this forward-thinking master`s degree we combine Economics and Communication Sciences by applying their toolkits and methods to tourism in our courses, such as Sustainable Tourism, eTourism Technology Labs, World Heritage and Tourism
- Our master`s generalist approach leads you to a wide range of tourism careers and managerial positions upon graduation
- The study programme (120 ECTS / usual duration 2 years) lays a solid base while providing various opportunities to specialize yourself, such as the eTourism minor, internship, and master thesis topic
- As we value talent development, we offer you the chance to get a tourism executive as personal mentor via CREATETALENT
- Various field trips and tourism conferences abroad, the Study Tour Week and Field Project help you apply theory to practice
- Studying at USI means Swiss quality education and free Italian - English - German - French language courses
The formal requirement for admission to the USI Master in International Tourism is a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Management, Communication Sciences, Marketing, International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, Transportation Science, Geography, Environmental Science, History, Law, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Languages and Literature, Tourism, and other related fields, granted by a recognised university.
To guarantee the optimal ratio between learners and the USI Master in International Tourism faculty, the places offered are limited. Therefore, selection can be effected on the basis of academic results. Admissions will be treated on a case by case basis.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree granted by a recognised University of Applied Sciences –in Switzerland the so-called ’Fachhochschulen’ (FH) / Hautes écoles spécialisées / Scuole universitarie professionali – may be admitted.
In this case, you need to obtain 30 additional ECTS during the USI Master in International Tourism in elective courses that you can freely choose from all Master level courses in English offered at USI.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Check on our website for more information: Home / Education / Master / Tuition and scholarships - Master programmes
The semester fees are CHF 4,000. For candidates resident in Switzerland and Lichtenstein at the time of the final high school exam (maturità), the semester fee is CHF 2,000.
Master of Arts in International Tourism
About this institute
Università della Svizzera italiana (USI)
USI Università della Svizzera italiana is a member of the Swiss universities system and the only Italian-speaking University in Switzerland. It is a multi-lingual university with courses taught in Italian and English and it has a strong international orientation. USI’s...
Why study at Università della Svizzera italiana
USI is a young and lively university, a hub of opportunity open to the world where students are offered a quality interdisciplinary education in which they can be fully engaged and take centre stage.
Seven reasons for choosing USI:
- Quality of the Swiss university system
- International faculty
- Leading interdisciplinary education
- Teacher/student ratio 1 to 8
- Strong ties with the business world
- Flexible structure, open to the exchange of ideas
- International, dynamic and welcoming environment
Want to know more about MA in International Tourism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...