Master in Digital Game DevelopmentUniversidade de Aveiro
About this program
Master in Digital Game Development
The MDGD aims to provide advanced technical and scientific training in an area of fusion between Communication Sciences and Technologies and Computer Science, promoting interdisciplinarity in an area where creativity and technique come together.
- Provide the business fabric with qualified senior staff in the area of digital game development
- Foster advanced training focused on innovation, development, and research in Digital Games
- Foster interdisciplinarity, creative development and the mastery of Digital Games technologies
- Encourage young graduates to carry out research and development in the area of Digital Games.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Visual Computation
- Game Design and Development
- 2d Game Project
- 3d Modelling and Animation
- Design Game Narrative
- 3d Game Project
Methodologies to Support Dissertation / Project / Internship
Dissertation / Project / Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 1000€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 5500€ /year
Thus, future professionals should acquire skills such as:
- Ability to analyse requirements and research of users (gamers);
- Comprehension of the mechanics and dynamics inherent to Digital Games;
- Design and develop (Program) digital games in academic research contexts and for the national/international market;
- Know the main technologies and technological paradigms underlying the multimedia applications of Digital Games;
- Understand and apply computer science concepts and theories to the Digital Games context;
- Ability to develop processes for evaluating the gaming experience;
- Ability to investigate problems and theoretical concepts in the area of Digital Games.
- Digital Game Developer
- Game Designer
- Game Experience (GX)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality specialists
- 3D modeling & animation experts for games
- Researchers in the area of Digital Games
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Master in Digital Game Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!