Doctorate in BiomedicineUniversidade de Aveiro
Doctorate in Biomedicine
All available course dates
About this program
Doctorate in Biomedicine
Joint doctoral Program between Universidade de Aveiro and Universidade NOVA Lisboa.
This Ph.D. Program conductive to a Doctoral degree in Biomedicine will enable students to develop the conceptual tools and methodologies and apply them to biomedicine. The main goal is to endow students with a multidisciplinary training required to be at the forefront of research in biomedicine.
The training will permit a wide view of the field and capacitate the student to transfer the acquired know how and scientific knowledge to an academic setting, industry, research or clinical laboratories. The aim is to prepare students for future professional settings.
There will be significant emphasis on hypothesis-driven collaborative research projects, and the curricular structure of this Program is organized into a group of core postgraduate courses taught jointly by participant and collaborator institutions. This will give students the opportunity to experience the scientific ambience in both universities.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Scientific Methods in Biomedicine
- Scientific Communication in Biomedicine
- Project Development in Biomedicine
- Free Option I
- Thesis Project Development
- Free Option II
- Thesis (1st year)
Thesis (2nd year)
Thesis (3rd year)
Thesis (4th year)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 2750€€ /year
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Want to know more about Doctorate in Biomedicine? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!