About this program
PhD Doctor of Philosophy Education
The goal of the PhD Program is to prepare the next generation of leading researchers.
The PhD is a Program of independent, self-directed academic research degree, supported by a team of supervisors that makes an original contribution to knowledge written up in a publishable dissertation. The PhD Program also supports the development of research and generic skills to equip you to operate successfully as a professional researcher in any setting. The essential requirement of a PhD is the creation of new knowledge. Being a researcher means developing new ideas and improving understanding through the creation of new knowledge. Your research will inevitably build to some degree on the work and ideas of others, but as a research student you are expected to make an original contribution to knowledge in your discipline.
Each PhD student must take a number of online modules and also complete a dissertation. Students must defend their dissertation in a “viva voce” (oral) examination. The viva voce examination is an intense and challenging experience, but we offer workshops and mock examinations to help our research students prepare and almost all research students who reach this stage go on to successfully complete their degree.
Applications for doctorate study are accepted all year round. Students may submit their application by using the Unicaf University online application form and paying the application fee.
The entry requirements for admission to a Doctorate degree Program include:
- An accredited Master’s degree in a relevant subject area. Students may be considered for doctorate study if their degree is in an unrelated field provided, they have relevant professional experience and can prove their ability to work at doctorate level. A wide range of international qualifications may also be considered. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of international academic qualifications accepted.
- Official Master’s degree transcripts
- Recognized proof of English proficiency if previous studies were not taught in the English language. Otherwise, an IELTS score 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.5 in the writing component and no individual component lower than 6.0) is required; or an English Placement Test result with a 6.5 equivalence (provided no score in each individual component is less than 6.0).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Research Methods
- Current Issues in Management Research
- Educational Management, Leadership and Administration
- Ph.D Education Comprehensive Examination
- Ph.D Education Dissertation (Part 1)
- Ph.D Education Dissertation (Part 2)
- Ph.D Education Dissertation (Part 3)
- Ph.D Education Dissertation (Part 4)
- PhD Education Doctoral Dissertation Examination
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
About this institute
Unicaf University is a pan-African, independent, internationally recognised university, combining the best elements of online learning through the offering of high-quality academic qualifications. Unicaf University pursues excellence in teaching and student achievement while ensuring a high degree of satisfaction in...
Why study at Unicaf University
The Unicaf University campuses offer students the opportunity to earn high quality qualifications at a very low cost. Unicaf University aims to offer students the chance to boost their knowledge and personal skills, advance their careers and build the lives they are dreaming of.
For the last two decades Unicaf’s associate institutions have been offering general scholarships to eligible international students. Graduates were able to make a significant contribution to their home countries at the highest level.
Be the first to write a review!