Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEngThe University of Sheffield
Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng
All available course dates
Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng
Learn about power systems, power electronics, digital electronics, circuits and devices, electrical machines and drives. Your study will cover theoretical and practical aspects across the range of electronic and electrical engineering. You'll choose optional modules from an extensive range covering many aspects of electrical and electronic engineering and communications, depending on your interests.
All our first-year students take part in the faculty's Global Engineering Challenge, working with students from other engineering disciplines to solve a real-world problem. All second years get to work on a week-long project devised by one of our industry partners. You'll also get the chance to work with an engineering company through the Sheffield Industrial Project Scheme.
In your third year, you will carry out your own research project, supervised by an academic.
- The A Level entry requirements for this course are: AAB including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics + B in a relevant EPQ; ABB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics + B in AS or A Level Further Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, including Higher Level Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics at grades 6, 5
- BTEC | DD in Engineering or Applied Science + A Level Maths grade A
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAABB + AB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA, including Maths and Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with 45 at level 3 including 36 credits at Distinction, to include Mathematics and Physics, and 9 credits at Merit. A Mathematics test may also be required
English language requirements
You must demonstrate that your English is good enough for you to successfully complete your course. For this course we require: GCSE English Language at grade 4/C; IELTS grade of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component; or an alternative acceptable English language qualification
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital System Engineering
- Electrical Circuits and Networks
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Mathematics (Electrical)
- General Skills
- Introduction to Energy
- System Design Analysis
- Global Engineering Challenge Week
- Electrical Energy and Conversion
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Communication Electronics
- Design Project
- Engineering Software Design
- Industrial Project
- Managing Engineering Projects and Teams
- Mathematics II (Electrical)
- Engineering - You're Hired
- Individual Design Project
- Feedback Systems Design
- Finance and Law for Engineers
- Power Electronics
2021-22 Annual tuition fee
- For Home students: £9,250
- For Overseas students: £24,450
A Levels AAB
Typical graduate job titles include cybersecurity consultant, design engineer, energy engineering consultant, system engineer, electrical engineer, technology analyst, nuclear controls engineer, software engineer and electronics field engineer.
As a world top 100 #University in a city like no other, at #Sheffield you'll receive an unrivaled learning #experience and memories that will last forever.
About this institute
The University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is a leading research university with a global reputation for excellence. Ranked in the world's top 100 universities (QS World University Rankings 2021) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group, Sheffield offers a world-class education...
Why study at The University of Sheffield
Five reasons to study at Sheffield
We understand how important choosing the right university is for you and your future. That's why we've put together some information to help you decide whether Sheffield is right for you.
1. The Management School's reputation
Sheffield University Management School is one of the University’s largest departments. We are in the global elite of business schools, having achieved triple Crown accreditation from the three major international accreditation bodies – AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. This is an endorsement of the outstanding quality of our programmes, research output, support for students and alumni, and links with the industry. As a student and graduate of our School, you will be associated with our global reputation for excellence.
2. You'll be taught by experts
Our staff are experts in their fields and many have extensive experience in the industry. We were ranked in the top 5 in the Russell Group for our research impact and 14th overall in the UK in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (2014), a periodic assessment of all university research in the UK. This gives you access to degrees that combine the real-world application with cutting-edge business thinking.
3. Excellent career prospects
Your employability is our priority from the moment you walk through our doors. And it shows, with 95% of graduates in work or further study six months after graduation. OurFutures Firstemployability offer to students includes career coaching, skills training, placements, and special events.
4. Learn in a supportive environment
We want our students to thrive. All of our students have access to a personal tutor throughout their time here, offering academic and pastoral care. Our Student Experience Office is a one-stop shop for all your enquiries and is open every weekday during the term.
5. Live in an exciting student-friendly city
University life is about more than just academic study. Your entire university experience shapes the person you become while you study here. When you study in Sheffieldyou study in a remarkable, affordable and safe city as part of a vibrant student community. Socialize and develop new hobbies and interests in the UK's number one students Union. University accommodation offers value for money and the chance to be part of one of the largest student communities in Sheffield. Take a 360° virtual tour of our student accommodation.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America