Information Management and Multimedia: Data Science, Protection and SecurityThomas More University of Applied Sciences
Information Management and Multimedia: Data Science, Protection and Security
Are you passionate about the newest digital tools that help make organisations more intelligent? Do you want to learn how to filter valuable information from a mass of data, how to make this information accessible by visualising it, and how to secure this data efficiently and with purpose? Enter the options Cyber Security Expert or Datamanager!
- Netflix knows you better than your own sweetheart those and always offers you the perfect movie. And Trivago knows, even before you have clicked anything, that you are planning a city trip to Dublin. Data is big business. We teach you how to make companies and organisations more intelligent through data. How to disclose raw data and how to make it accessible. And how companies can use this to further develop their business.
- You never cease to be interested by the newest IT-technologies. As such, you are also aware that technology has its weak sides and that hackers can take advantage of those. Phishing, hacking, ransomware, … Making sure that data and information don’t end up in the wrong hands is a hot issue. You want to know more about security techniques and how to apply them with focus.
- You are attracted by company life. The processes, strategies and structures in a company fascinate you. The program combines the best of both worlds: business and technology. The accent is put on better and more efficient data management in a business environment, through the use of informatics. And you absolutely don’t need to be a computer freak to do so!
- We will prepare you to be an expert in information security and data management. You will learn how to translate your knowledge and insights in a comprehensible manner, from computer-talk to human-talk. Computer lingo is one thing. Knowing how to ask the relevant questions, listen actively and formulate comprehensible responses is at least as important.
- What can you expect? Not an academic education based on heavy manuals, but a hands-on approach! From the first year, we submerge you in actual company life. Thorough project-work, real-life case study’s, participation in congresses, and lectors and guest-speakers straight from the business world: check! To top all of this off, during your last year, you will have an internship of an entire term.
- A few important courses will be organised in 6-week modules. As such, we can spread out the study load and the exams, and we can offer you feedback more quickly. Win-win!
- Your job security is ascertained! The demand for datamanagers en security experts has grown exponentially these last couple of years. Thanks to the unique combination of technical know-how, insight into data and your managerial background, companies will be lining up for you!
You want to enrol for a full degree (3 years)
You will need to prove that you meet the conditions to start an equivalent course program in higher education in the country where you obtained your diploma. Please note that candidates with a diploma obtained in a non-EEA member state may be set additional requirements.
English Language Conditions for all English-taught Degree programs
You can prove you are reasonably proficient at speaking and writing English (level B2, European Framework), if you:
- obtained a Flemish secondary education diploma or a Dutch VWO-diploma, MBO-4 diploma, HAVO + propedeuse
- passed the ITACE test level B2 (in Antwerp, Leuven, Brussels or Ghent).
- obtained the minimum score (e.g. 6 overall band score on the IELTS test or equivalent) on internationally recognised language tests such as Cambridge Assessment English, IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic IELTS Indicator and TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition are also accepted .
- obtained an English-language diploma in secondary or higher education from an institution of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, United States of America, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, Caribbean islands & South Africa. This implies that applicants who did not obtain their GCE A Level certificates in Australia, English speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the USA have to submit language test (cf. above) results.
- followed your previous education in a partner institution with which Thomas More has an agreement on language requirements.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Fundamentals
- Business Communication
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Personal development
- Inspiration Lab
- Programming Fundamentals
- Web Fundamentals
- Information Security Fundamentals
- Privacy & Sensitive Information
- Business Intelligence
- Analytical Intelligence
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Programming Web
- Dimensional Modeling
- Data Integration
- Data Science Basics
- Marketing Analytics
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection Expert Class
- Organisation & Information Security Policy
- Management Skills
- Intercultural Communication
- Business Communication Topics
- Financial Management
- Business Intelligence Advanced
- Graduation Project
- Data Science Expert Topics
- Customer Insights
- Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery
- Integrated Security Lab
- AI/ML @ Work
- Ethical managerial problem-solving
- Business Communication
Scholarships & funding
Thomas More offers a non-monetary scholarship to international students. You can get a discount on the tuition fee via the merit-based scholarship or tuition fee waiver.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- Fixed Registration Fee: € 245.2
- Cost First Semester (30 ECTS): € 351
- Cost Second Semester (30 ECTS): € 351
- Total Tuition Fee Per Year (Fixed Fee + 60 ECTS): € 947.2
Non-EEA Students without Scholarship
- Fixed Registration Fee: € 1,700
- Cost First Semester (30 ECTS): € 2,250
- Cost Second Semester (30 ECTS): € 2,250
- Total Tuition Fee Per Year (Fixed Fee + 60 ECTS): € 6,200
Get the Certificate ‘ethical Hacker’ During Your Training
You never cease to be interested by the newest IT-technologies? In that case, you are also aware that technology has its weak sides and that hackers can take advantage of those. You will learn how to hack in an ethical way. Tick!
Second bachelor (abridged)
- International Business & Trade
- International Communication & Media
- Office Management
- In Belgium or abroad
- Via exchange program: Business & Trade, Business Administration, Public Management and Policy, Corporate Communication, ...
Your Future: Working Around the Globe
- Business Analist
- Data - Analist
- Data - Storyteller
- Business Information Manager
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Data Protection Officer
- Cyber Security Advisor
- Privacy Analyst
About this institute
Thomas More University of Applied Sciences
Thomas More is the largest university of applied sciences in Flanders, offering more than 30 Dutch-taught and a range of English-taught bachelor degree, short and postgraduate programmes in the province of Antwerp. Next to that, Thomas More offers exchange programmes...
Want to know more about Information Management and Multimedia: Data Science, Protection and Security? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Honolulu, United States of America
Bangor, United States of America