MSc in Nutritional Sciences
Nutritional and Food Sciences are rapidly expanding areas of research that are making major contributions to health promotion. As the relationship between diet and disease is better understood, advancements are being made to improve the nutritional value of foods and to increase the variety of products on the market that have added health and nutritional benefits.
The international Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences (non-clinical) prepares students to become leading professionals in the field of nutritional sciences and to apply their newly aquired knowledge to nutritional challenges in their home countries. Students learn the fundamentals of nutrition based on the most recent scientific findings. The program also prepare students for research and doctoral level programs. Please note: this is not a clinical degree; it does not qualify a student to become a licensed dietitian*.
- B.Sc. degree or equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field: nutrition, food science, dietetics, biochemistry, chemistry, medicine, etc.
- Degrees in other science fields will be considered.
- Undergraduate level biochemistry and molecular biology.
- GPA of 80 or above (B- on the letter scale).
- High level of proficiency in all English skills, documented by one of the following:
- At least 89 on the TOEFL internet-based test
- At least 6.0 on the IELTS
- Documentation of previous academic studies conducted in English.
- Three letters of recommendation; at least one must be academic (not from family members).
- Relevant experience is recommended but not mandatory.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Topics in Endocrinology
- Scientific Writing and Presentation
- Introduction to Molecular Biology
- Nutrition in Health and Disease
- Experimental Design and Statistical Analyses & Practice
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Maternal & Child Nutrition
- Food Safety
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Basic Immunology
- Food Preparation in Health & Disease
- Modifying Nutritional Behavior Workshop
- Nutrition & Aging
- Neurobiology of Feeding
- International Public Health
- Nutrient Gene Interactions
- Topics in Clinical Nutrition
- Advanced Immunology
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Malnutrition & its Management
- Nutrition Insecurity & its Prevention
- Research Methods
- Oral Seminars
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available; please visit the website for more information.
- International students: $10,500 per year (approx.)
- Israeli students/Olim hadashim: $8,400 per year (approx.)
- Learn the fundamentals of plant sciences based on the most recent scientific findings.
- Benefit from the experience of leading scientists in plant sciences.
- Take part in innovative, groundbreaking research in the lab.
- Learn from the know-how of Israel’s year-round sustainable agriculture.
- Acquire practical knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Understand the principles of crop plant production, environmental impact of agricultural activity, and analysis of cropping systems, while seeking solutions to practical problems.
- Enjoy an international atmosphere, site visits, field trips and cultural events.
About this institute
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, founded in 1918 and opened officially in 1925, is Israel’s premier university as well as its leading research institution. The Hebrew University is ranked internationally among the 100 leading universities in the world and first...
Want to know more about MSc in Nutritional Sciences? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...