MPharm PharmacySwansea University
All available course dates
Modern Healthcare is delivered by an interdisciplinary team and increasingly Pharmacists are delivering enhanced and new clinical services across healthcare settings. Our Pharmacy Degree recognises these new and advanced roles and integrates sciences and practice to prepare students to meet the challenges of the changing face of Pharmacy.
During your four-year integrated Master’s Degree (MPharm) in Pharmacy, you will follow a curriculum designed to reflect the way Pharmacists approach patients and how patients present to Pharmacists. We combine fundamental and complex scientific principles with how it is applied to give you a clear understanding of the practice of Pharmacy.
Together with a strong focus on clinical and communication skills and digital technology, you will develop the academic, practical, and personal qualities to practise pharmacy competently and with confidence.
In order to be eligible to apply for Pharmacy, you must be predicted to achieve the following:
- ABB-BBB at A-level which must include Chemistry and at least one other STEM subject, i.e. Biology, Physics, Mathematics and Psychology
- GCSE English at C or above and Maths at Grade C or above
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge will be considered in lieu of a 3rd A-level
- The National Extended Certificate or National Diploma at minimum Grade D can be accepted as equivalent to A levels.
- BTEC (RQF, 2016 onwards) level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science grade DDD/DDM. Optional chemistry modules are desirable i.e. organic chemistry.
- BTEC (QCF, 2010 onwards) level 3 Extended Diploma grades DDD/DDM PLUS A level chemistry at grade A/B.
- As well as one of the above qualification types all applicants are required:
- GCSE: English minimum Grade C and Maths minimum Grade B Wales (England Pre-2017) or Grade 4 in English and Grade 5 in Maths (England Post-2017)
- We accept Swansea University approved equivalent qualifications.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee for UK/EU Students is £9,000 per year and for International Students is £18,500 per year
Pharmacy Employment Opportunties
As a Pharmacist you will find a variety of Healthcare roles available as a valued member of the clinical team, ranging from Community Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacy to Primary Care, Industrial Pharmacy and Academia.
Swansea University: Est. 1920, still making waves.
Accommodation is guaranteed for first-year Undergraduates if you make an application before August 18th!
It's fair to say that there are some changes to our usual Accommodations this year, with the introduction of Housing 'Bubbles' to coincide with our response to Covid-19, Catherine Jones explains more...
About this institute
Founded in 1920 and just three hours from London by train, Swansea University is an established university with a long history of academic success, excellent facilities and high standards of teaching. When students choose to study at Swansea University, they...
Want to know more about MPharm Pharmacy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Wyoming, United States of America