BSc Accounting and FinanceSwansea University
BSc Accounting and Finance
All available course dates
BSc Accounting and Finance
Are you looking for an Accounting and Finance degree to give you a competitive edge? The BSc Accounting and Finance degree at Swansea University will do just that.
If you want a career at one of the ‘big four’ firms (Deloitte, EY, KPMG or PwC), or if see yourself as an accountant for a government body, small or large business, not-for-profit organisation, or individual, the BSc Accounting and Finance degree will equip you with everything you need.
Equally, if you are seeking a future in the lucrative and powerful world of banking and finance, our course presents an excellent route.
This degree is perfect if you have a committed interest in both accounting and finance (including management accounting, financial accounting, and corporate finance). As well as a strong foundation in both accounting and finance, it offers a range of optional modules to help develop your interests.
Pioneering research and industry knowledge informs our teaching, while expert academics will help to build the skills which are vital to your performance in the accounting and finance sector.
You can study on our Year Abroad variant, which is a four year degree including a year studying at one of our international partner institutions. Choosing this option allows you to develop your communication skills, enhance your cultural awareness and you can even gain proficiency in a foreign language prior to graduation.
Year in Industry
You can undertake our Year in Industry degree variant, which is a four year degree with a year’s work placement in a chosen industry. Gain real-world industry experience, network and collaborate with leading business thinkers, and practically apply your theoretical knowledge in the workplace.
Chat live with students from Swansea University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Swansea University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- Offers for programs in the School of Management are usually within the range of ‘ABB-BBB’ or equivalent.
- All applications are considered on an individual basis, with GCSE grades, AS Level subjects and grades, work experience, references and personal statement taken into account.
- Variable offers are made dependent on subjects studied.
- No A-level in Business, Economics, Maths or Accounting/Finance is required. We do not consider General Studies as an A-level subject for offer purposes. Students may combine A-levels with other qualifications below. GCSE Maths and English minimum C grade is also required.
- The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) IB of 32-33 or higher.
- The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) BTEC results of DDM or better.
- Non-native English speakers must achieve 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent tests.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit our university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 (Level 4)
- Maths 1 for Accounting and Finance
- Foundations of Financial Accounting
- Marketing and Strategy
- Economics 1 for Accounting and Finance
- Statistics 1 for Accounting and Finance
- Managing People and Operations
- Foundations of Management Accounting
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Corporate Finance 1
- Management Accounting 1A
- Financial Accounting 1A
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Management Accounting 1B
- Financial Accounting 1B
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Digital Marketing
- Change Management
- Information Systems
- Organisational Behaviour
- Management Science 1
- Microeconomics 2
- Economic History and Industrial Development
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Global Business Environment: International Political Economy
- Strategic Analysis
- Applied Entrepreneurship - The Pitch
- Critical Thinking in Entrepreneurship
- Intermediate Mathematical Economics
- Introductory Econometrics
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Business and Employment Law
- English for Management 1
- Investments: Assets; Equities and Bonds
- Human Resource Management
- Management Consulting
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee for UK/EU Students is £9,000 per year and for International Students is £15,900 per year
Accounting and Finance Employment Opportunities
As an Accounting and Finance graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any desirable organisation.
Whether your target is EY, Deloitte, KPMG or PwC, this degree makes you a strong candidate for employment. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Wealth management or investment adviser
- Accountant or actuary
- Banking professional
- Finance analyst
Swansea University: Est. 1920, still making waves.
Accommodation is guaranteed for first-year Undergraduates if you make an application before August 18th!
It's fair to say that there are some changes to our usual Accommodations this year, with the introduction of Housing 'Bubbles' to coincide with our response to Covid-19, Catherine Jones explains more...
About this institute
Founded in 1920 and just three hours from London by train, Swansea University is an established university with a long history of academic success, excellent facilities and high standards of teaching. When students choose to study at Swansea University, they...
Want to know more about BSc Accounting and Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
British Columbia, Canada