Summer course in Introduction to Decision Making
This Summer / Short course from Stanford University Summer Session covers how to ensure focus, discipline, and passion when making important decisions. Comprehensive examples illustrate Decision Analysis fundamentals. Consulting case studies highlight practical solutions for real decisions. Student teams present insights from their analyses of decisions for current organizations.
Topics: declaring when and how to make a decision, framing and structuring the decision basis, defining values and preferences, creating alternative strategies, assessing unbiased probabilistic judgments, developing appropriate risk/reward and portfolio models, evaluating doable strategies across the range of uncertain future scenarios, analyzing relevant sensitivities, determining the value of additional information, and addressing the qualitative aspects of communication and commitment to implementation.
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the Summer / Short course
- Have graduated from high school or secondary school or equivalent
- Have graduated or have completed your requirements from your university or post-secondary institution
- Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency below
- Internet-Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (iBT TOEFL) Minimum score of 95 for the iBT TOEFL, International English Language Testing System: Academic (IELTS: Academic) Minimum overall band score of 7.0, or Cambridge Assessment English Minimum score of 180 on the Cambridge English Advanced, CEFR Level C1
- Grading Basis:Letter Grade or Credit/No Credit
- Intensive Studies:This course is offered as part of theInternational ManagementIntensive. See theIntensive Studiespage for more information on how to receive an official Document of Completion.
Stanford University Summer Session invites visiting undergraduate, graduate, and high school students to experience Stanford University during its fourth academic quarter. During the eight-week course, Summer Session students are enrolled in the same courses as matriculated Stanford students, and earn...
Want to know more about Summer course in Introduction to Decision Making? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!