St. Matthew's University
Since its establishment in 1997, St. Matthew’s University has helped well over 2,000 students fulfill their ambitions of becoming an MD or veterinarian. With both a highly credentialed MD and DVM program, St. Matthew’s offers small class sizes and expert faculty to assist your learning. Both our MD and DVM programs offer state of the art IT infrastructure and learning platforms to ensure your success and support you as you achieve your dream.
Through our learning approach, involving small teaching classes taught by our highly talented faculty, students are able to achieve great results on the USMLE Step 1 and NAVLE as well as secure residencies at some of the top hospitals and colleges in North America. Between 2015 and 2019, our medical students attained an average first-time pass rate of 95% on the USMLE, a testament to the quality of our Basic Sciences programs and the preparation our students receive for this important exam.. In addition, in the last three years, our veterinary students have attained an average first-time pass rate of 92% on the NAVLE.
Alongside your program of study, you will have the opportunity to explore Grand Cayman, the island on which St. Matthew’s University is situated. Diving and hiking are some of our student body’s favourite activities. Others spend time relaxing on Grand Cayman’s beautiful beaches. Grand Cayman has highly developed infrastructure matching US standards and also has one of the best medical systems in the world.
In addition, St. Matthew’s University is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM), the accrediting body for the Cayman Islands. ACCM has been found to use similar standards to the accrediting bodies that accredit universities in North America. This means you’ll receive the same quality of education you would were you to study in the region but at a more affordable price.
Why study at St. Matthew's University
- Low student to faculty ratio: Smallest class sizes of any veterinary school in North America. Unprecedented levels of faculty support and attention
- Best value: Most affordable tuition of any Caribbean veterinary school
- Focus on teaching: Dedicated, talented faculty whose time commitments are focused on teaching and mentoring
- Student mentors: Student mentors to help you adjust to life in veterinary school
- Graduate in 3 years: Complete your Basic Science education in 28-months then complete clinical training in US or Canada in just over 3-years
- Faculty: Staff with teaching and leadership experience from the top North American colleges
- Pass rates: Pass rates on parity with students from US schools
- Clinical rotations: Clinical training sites at top North American colleges of veterinary medicine
- Recognition: Affiliate membership in the American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges
- Licensing: Fully chartered by the Cayman Islands Ministry of Health Services and
Be the first to write a review!