Sri Sathya Sai University provides free education to its students.Sri Sathya Sai University (formerly Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning) was founded on November 22, 1981, by Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. An autonomous body, it has been recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, and the University Grants Commission (UGC), as a Deemed University. The university aims at imparting Integral Education. In practical terms, the programmes offered by the University seek to combine the best of both ancient traditions and modern advancements. The University subscribes wholly to the concept and practice of national integration and has adopted an open admission policy, based on merit, encouraging the enrollment of boys and girls from all over the country. In order to effectively mould the student’s personality, hostel living has been made compulsory and patterned in the ancient Gurukula style. Sri Sathya Sai University has several distinctive features. The more important among them are:
- Free Education: The University does not charge any type of fees - tuition fees, laboratory fees, library fees, examination fees, caution deposit and the like.
- An open admission policy enabling students from all over the country to seek admission to various courses, irrespective of income, class, creed, religion or region, making it truly national in character.
- Merit based selection through a very comprehensive testing and interviewing procedure giving adequate weightage to intellectual attainments and intuitive insight.
- A very favorable teacher-pupil ratio for closer rapport between students and faculty.
- Residential character of the University with students and faculty staying on the Campuses.
- Development of Scientific Research at the doctoral level relevant to the local and national needs; introduction of educational technology through the installation of a modern space theatre in rural surroundings providing an opportunity for the students and the faculty to develop various kinds of simulation exercises and also formulate programmes of a creative and constructive character.
- Integrated courses of five years duration in order to promote talent.
- Maximum number of working days, fuller utilization of national holidays and important festivals for educational purposes and extension work.
- 1) Anantapur Campus (for women)
2) Brindavan Campus (for men)
3) Prasanthinilayam Campus (for men)
Average rating 5Based on 8 reviews
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.