BSc (Hons) International Construction, Design Sustainability (top-up)
Working in construction? Ready to take the next step in your career? This top-up course - designed for international students who want to earn a university qualification here in the UK - will help you to turn your existing experience into a valuable bachelor’s degree. You’ll study a curriculum that is tailored to the needs of international students, improving your understanding of built environment roles and their application within the global construction industry.
This course is specifically designed to help international students to advance their career in construction. Applicants should have either:
- A foundation degree or HND in a relevant built environment subject area,
- A Chinese Associate/Ordinary Diploma with a suitable profile in key subjects, or
- A portfolio of equivalent qualifications.
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an appropriate level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- International Construction and Design
- Integrated Project
- Academic and Professional Practice
- Project Research Paper
- Sustainable Construction and Design
- Professional Practice and Communication
- Building Production
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,800 per year
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Construction/project manager
- Site manager
- Quantity surveyor
- Building control surveyor
- Facilities manager
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) International Construction, Design Sustainability (top-up)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina