Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
BSc (Hons) Fitness and Personal Training
This practical, career-focused course combines the latest in evidence-based training methods with high-level industry qualifications. Clearly defined pathway options in one of three specialist areas – exercise referral, soft tissue therapy and strength and conditioning - are aimed at producing fitness professionals with the higher level skills required to positively impact peoples’ lives, whatever their fitness goals.
Solent’s highly-practical fitness and personal training degree is perfect for those with a keen interest in health and fitness and who wish to pursue a career as a personal trainer, PE teacher or strength and conditioning coach.
For more information, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Functional Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Exercise Instruction and Coaching
- Intro to Health and Exercise Psychology
- Introduction to Physiology of Exercise
- Client Testing and Training
- Introduction to Human Nutrition
- Introduction to Research and Academic Skills for Sport, Health & Exercise Science
- Health and Exercise Psychology
- Functional Movement and Corrective Exercise
- Research Methods and Study Design
- Advanced Personal Training
- Advanced Training Applications
Pathway option, choose one from the following:
- Exercise Referral
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Strength and Conditioning
Please note: Not all optional units are guaranteed to run each year.
- Professional Practice in Personal Training
- Innovative Training interventions
Continuation of pathway option chosen at year two:
- Clinical Exercise Programming
- Advanced Soft Tissue Therapy
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning
- Research Project
- Work Based Project
- Sports Nutrition and Performance
- Applied Health and Exercise Psychology
UK and EU full-time fees: £9,250 per year
International full-time fees: £12,875 per year
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the website.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Fitness and Personal Training? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America