BSc (Hons) Digital Design and Web Development
Passionate about design? An interest in creating digital platforms that provide an excellent user experience (UX)? This digital design and web development degree blends creative and technical skills, preparing you for an exciting career in digital communications.
The course maintains a strong practical emphasis with a key focus on UX and usability – and you’ll be introduced to professional design and development workflows, user research, gathering requirements, sketching ideas, creating concepts, building prototypes, undertaking user experience (UX) evaluation and finally coding up digital products and applications.
Solent’s Digital Design and Web Development course is ideally suited to students who wish to develop their design and technical skills in digital product design such as websites and applications.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Problem Solving Though Programming
- Digital Creativity
- Introduction to Databases
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Web Technologies
- Web Application Development
- Digital Marketing
- Research Methods Project
- Human Computer Interaction
- Interaction Design
- Dissertation Project
- Industrial Consulting Project
- Contemporary Web Applications
- Data Science
- Internet of Things
- Immersive Technologies
- UX Strategies
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,800 per year
- UK, EU and Channel Island placement year fee: £1,425
- International placement year fee: £1,850
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Graduates will be able to pursue a wide range of career options in digital product design and service design, in areas such as:
- User Experience (UX)
- User Interface designers (UI)
- Digital designer
- Web developer
- Digital marketing
- Interaction design
- Web design
- Front-end developer
- Back-end developer
- Full stack developer
- Digital product designer
Got a passion for digital? Whatever your specialism - business IT, game development, software engineering, games art or website design - our accredited courses can equip you with the technical skills and creative confidence that employers are looking for.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Digital Design and Web Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Detroit, United States of America