BSc (Hons) Criminal Investigation with Forensic Psychology
Blending criminal investigation with forensic psychology, this specialist degree is designed to give you highly relevant skills, knowledge and professional skills for a great career in criminology, criminal justice and similar sectors.
The skills developed are benchmarked against the requirements of Investigations and Psychology employment such as analytical thinking, crime scene investigations, presentation of evidential studies and critical thinking.
The course is regularly updated and informed by the latest theory and working practice, thanks to experienced lecturing staff working within criminal justice and criminology – ensuring your tuition is current, real-world relevant and tailored to the needs of the industry.
This course is suited to students who wish to follow a career path in investigations with psychology or similar professional/voluntary capacity.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Explaining Criminal Behaviour
- Exploring Psychology
- Study Skills in Social Sciences
- Psychology across the Lifespan
- Research Methods 1
- Law, Sentencing and Punishment
- Brain and Behaviour
- Critical Issues in Criminal Investigation
- Psychology of Crime
- Criminological Research Methods and Skills 2
- Dangerous Offenders
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Dissertation Proposal and Dissertation
- Global Crime
- Issues in Forensic Psychology
- Justice: Future Challenges
- Drugs, Crime and Alcohol
- Terrorism and Political Violence
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,800 per year
- UK, EU and Channel Island placement year fee: £1,425
- International placement year fee: £1,850
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Potential roles and sectors include:
- Third sector supporting victims, or working with addiction
- Forensic crime scene investigator
- Security services
- Social service
- Youth work
- Military policing
- Human rights and other related organisations or groups
- Working with victims and dangerous offenders
- Customs and excise
- Information security
- Border and immigration
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Drugs project workers
- Mental health case workers
- Local authority community safety units
- National Crime Agency
- Police support staff
- The Home Office
- Crime analysts in police services
- Private security
- CCTV management
- Fraud/financial services investigation
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Criminal Investigation with Forensic Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Diego, United States of America
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
High Wycombe, England