BSc (Hons) Computer Systems and Network Engineer
Computer networks play a pivotal role in all organisations, and very few businesses survive without one – meaning well qualified network engineers are in high-demand. This degree will support you to develop an in-depth understanding of the major components and principles underpinning computer network technologies – ready to start a fascinating career as a computer network engineer.
In partnership with the Cisco Networking Academy, the course will equip you with the practical skills required to design, implement, secure and manage computer network systems for business and industry – ranging from small businesses to large scale enterprise levels.
This course is ideally suited to those with a passion for computing, wishing to develop the skills to support, research, design, deploy and maintain computer systems and networks.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Problem Solving though Programming
- Introduction to Networks and Security
- Network Applications
- Introduction to Databases
- Routing and Switching
- Cyber Security Essentials
- Network Systems Automation
- Network Engineering
- Network Security
- Research Methods Project
- Enterprise Networks
- Network Implementation
- Dissertation Project
- Computer Systems and Architecture
- Industrial Consulting Project
- Cyber Ops
- Cloud Computing and Virtualisation
- Network Management
- Internet of Things
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,800 per year
- UK, EU and Channel Island placement year fee: £1,425
- International placement year fee: £1,850
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Network Engineer
- System Support Analyst
- Network Security Analyst
- System Architects
- Penetration Tester
- Network Systems Consultant
- IT Support Engineer
- Product Support Engineer
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Computer Systems and Network Engineer? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia