BSc (Hons) Business Management
Develop the insight, confidence, management skills and sustainability perspective to succeed in modern business or set up your own business on this professionally-focused degree, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Ranked in the UK top 25% for business, management and marketing (Guardian UK University Guide 2021), Solent Business School offers the skills and confidence you need to progress a successful career in business and international management – or even to start up your own business.
With a range of option choices to help you focus your personal career path, this challenging course will prepare you for the ever-changing business environment – teaching you to analyse future trends, identify local and broader impacts, and recommend sustainable, ethical solutions to contemporary business challenges.
Solent’s business management degree is ideally suited if you want to develop strong business skills and prepare yourself for a successful career in a range of business industries – studying a curriculum that is not just about theory, but focused on real-world application.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Positive Psychology for Success
- Contemporary Management Theory
- Data Analysis, Tools and Application
- Marketing, Sales and Negotiation Skills
- Business Finance for Managers
- Creative Enterprise and Innovation
- Project Management in Business
- Operations Management
- Values Driven Leadership
- Community Enterprise
- Financial Management
- Capital Market Trading
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Global Challenges
- Study Aboard/Placement
- Sustainable Strategic Management
- Developing the Professional Manager
- Research Methods
- Final Major Project
- Ecological Economics
Business Start Up
- International Financial Reporting and Analysis
- International Marketing
- Intercultural Competence for 21st Century Managers
- International Law and Human Rights
- UX Strategies.
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,800 per year
- UK, EU and Channel Island placement year fee: £1,425
- International placement year fee: £1,850
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
The business management degree enables you full flexibility of career options including:
- Management consultancy
- Social enterprise
- Public sector
- Chartered accountancy
- Retail buying/Retail careers
- Investment banking
- Recruitment consultancy
- Bank management
- Distribution and logistics
- Project management
- Operations management
- Starting your own business
- Digital tech
- Business analysis
- Consumer products
- Financial analysis
- Further master’s study
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Business Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
British Columbia, Canada
Campbellsville, United States of America