About this program
BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology
BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology is a contemporary and exciting course which combines the disciplines of sociology and criminology. You’ll develop advanced knowledge, skills and professional practice to develop an understanding of social justice, crime and inequalities, developing a critical perspective on society and crime.
This course is for students who want to study criminology and sociology developing a excellent knowledge of sociology and criminology that can be applied to their future development and careers.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Sociological Imagination
- Social Inequalities and Criminal Justice Process
- Study Skills in Social Sciences
- Researching the City
- Explaining Criminal Behaviour
- Researching the Social World
- Equity and Diversity at Work
- Youth Justice
- Dangerous Offenders
- Contemporary Issues in Crime
- Bodies and Identities
- Applied Sociology in the Community
- Global Crime
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarships options are available, Please check the institute website for more information.
The tuition fees for the 2022/23 academic year are:
- UK, EU (settled status) and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £14,250 per year
This course can lead to careers across a number of different sectors including:
- Third sector organisations
- Supporting victims or working with addiction
- Human rights and other related organisations or groups
- Public relations
- Mental health case workers
- Crown prosecution service
- Border and immigration
Message the school
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
London (Ontario, Canada), Canada
London (Ontario, Canada), Canada