BA (Hons) Architectural Design and Technology
Are you a creative thinker with a passion for technology and architecture? Professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists, this course explores three branches of the fascinating architectural technology industry: design, technology and professional practice. This is complemented by units in sustainable environmental design and Building Information Modelling (BIM).
This course also offered in part time and distance learning.
This architectural design and technology course is ideal first step for those who want to attain chartered status with the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists or the Chartered Association of Building Engineers after graduation.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Architectural Design Development
- Construction Technology
- Architectural Communication
- Architectural Design Realisation
- Building Law and Management
- Science of Materials
- Architectural Design
- Technical Design
- Sustainable Refurbishment
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Building Information Modelling
- Procurement and Project Management
- Sustainable Architectural Design
- Sustainable Technical Design
- Contracts Administration and Specifications
- Professional Practice
- Final Major Project
- Research Dissertation
Please note: Not all optional modules are guaranteed to run each year.
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island fees: £9,250
- International fees: £13,800
- UK and Channel Island fees: £4,625 per year
- International and EU fees: Students from outside the UK are usually unable to obtain a visa for part-time study.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Architectural technologist
- Technical manager
- Building designer
- BIM co-ordinator
- Project manager
- Commercial projects and public sector projects.
Contribute to a world that never stands still. Learn to design, refine and manage built environment projects on our inspiring architectural design and construction courses.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Architectural Design and Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America