About this program
At Siena Heights, you are part of an extended family that meets regularly inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to hands-on collaborative learning, students also gather regularly for field trips, special lectures, community projects, or simply to study.
Working with faculty mentors, students conduct meaningful field and/or lab research with data analysis. Siena Heights University biology students have won numerous national research awards over the past few years.
SHU biology graduates have a 95 percent acceptance rate into medical, chiropractic, podiatric, veterinary, and graduate school.
The Biology department offers its students unique and distinguishing opportunities:
- As early as freshman year, Siena Heights University students can gain early acceptance into medical, dental, or pharmacy school at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- In partnership with the Adrian Dominican Sisters, biology students explore a 7-acre field site to learn permaculture (permanent-agriculture), an ethical design system for land use that emphasizes sustainability, integration, and cooperation with natural systems.
- First-year students can join faculty-led research teams, such as our Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS) group research project.
Where your educational journey leads you depends in part on where you start. In the Biology department, our approach to education, which combines a supportive community learning environment with a broad spectrum of challenging courses, in-depth lab and field experiences, and intensive research projects, has successfully prepared our graduates for their future careers.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in college transfer coursework including official transcripts.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute university.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basic Concepts Of The Cell
- Animal Biology
- Plant Biology
- BIO Approved Electives
- Junior Seminar I
- Junior Seminar II
- Senior Seminar I
- Senior Seminar II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Total Tuition and Mandatory Fees: $29,044
- Total Estimated Direct Cost: $41,244
- SHU Global (online and off-site locations) per credit hour: $545
Careers related to biology include:
- Animal behaviorist
- Cell biologist
- College professor
- Editor of scientific publications
- Environmental biologist
- Evolutionary biologist
- High school teacher
- Marine biologist
- Molecular biologist
- Physical therapist
- Plant biologist
- Science writer
- Wildlife biologist
Message the school
About this institute
Siena Heights University
Siena Heights University is a Catholic university founded in 1919 and sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters. Enrolling a diverse community of traditional-age and working adult students, Siena Heights is a coeducational institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission that...
Want to know more about Biology, B.S.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!