About this program
A Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting is for students hoping to find a career in business or government. Job opportunities include becoming a CPA or working in Finance, and coursework includes learning to read financial data; business ethics; accounting best practices; and application of accounting knowledge in management situations. The curriculum is designed to impress upon students the tools they need to find a successful job with a competitive salary following their studies. Accelerated programs and online accounting courses are available, subject to department approval.
Accounting graduates experience high placement rates in graduate schools and competitive accounting jobs. The program prepares students for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exams.
Accounting students at SHU will learn the following principles:
- Apply accounting knowledge in various managerial situations including preparing financial reports in contribution format.
- Communicate report analysis conclusions both verbally and in writing.
- Analyze financial data prepared in contribution format and use to make decisions about new and existing products.
- Continue introduction of business ethics.
The Accounting program is housed in the Business and Management Division. Students will earn a Bachelor's of Business Administration (BBA) degree.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in college transfer coursework including official transcripts.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute university.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Managerial Cost Accounting
- Federal Taxation-Individual
- Advanced Accounting/Not for Profit
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Total Tuition and Mandatory Fees: $29,044
- Total Estimated Direct Cost: $41,244
- SHU Global (online and off-site locations) per credit hour: $545
When you graduate with a BBA degree from Siena Heights University you are prepared for the following business careers:
- Account Executive
- Arts Administrator
- Benefits Coordinator
- Customer Relations Specialist
- Financial Planner
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager
- Media Buyer
- Advertising Manager
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager
- Small Business Owner
- Sales Manager
- Social Entrepreneur
- Training Specialist
Message the school
About this institute
Siena Heights University
Siena Heights University is a Catholic university founded in 1919 and sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters. Enrolling a diverse community of traditional-age and working adult students, Siena Heights is a coeducational institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission that...
Want to know more about Accounting, B.B.A.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!