Master of Marketing (MMKG)
The full-time, 12-month Master of Marketing (MMKG) is the first program of its kind in Canada to prepare graduates for professional careers in marketing.
The MMKG curriculum will provide students with the critical analysis and decision making skills required of marketers today. Students will learn state-of-the-art digital marketing and research tools and grow their literacy in analytics, social media, advertising and consumer behaviour. Graduates of the program will be qualified for meaningful positions in private, public, or non-profit organizations, and equipped with the skills to advance to leadership roles in the future.
The capstone of the program is a two-term integrative consulting project, designed to give students first-hand experience in developing and implementing marketing strategies for real-world organizations.
The MMKG program is open to recent graduates from non-business and business degree programs, and to business professionals who wish to strengthen their marketing capabilities.
The general admission requirements for the MMKG are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
Work Experience is not required, but strong internships or prior work experience is recommended.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
Completion of the online application which requires
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be from a professor.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English
- IELTS (Academic Test) - 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
- TOEFL - 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension) Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Term 1 (Fall)
- Financial Decisions For Managers
- Business Communication And Team Dynamics
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Digital Marketing Strategy
Term 2 (Winter)
- Marketing Field Project 1: Strategy
- Consumer Insights
- Marketing Analytics
- Strategic Professional Selling
- Credits Of 6000-level Marketing Elective(S).
Term 3 (Summer)
- Marketing Field Project 2: Implementation
- Brand Management
- Creativity In Marketing
- Credits Of 6000-level Marketing Elective(S)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full time fee for Domestic Students: $12,443 per Term/Semester
- Full time fee for International Students: $26,706 per Term/Semester
The Master of Marketing program will prepare graduates for modern marketing roles and give them leadership development opportunities to pursue rewarding careers in the industry. Students will become professionals who understand both marketing and consumer behavior theory, and have the technical skills required to excel in digital marketing environments.
Throughout their studies, students will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative resources, individualized mentoring and coaching to help advance your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events, and receive online access to the very best career tools available.
Obtaining a Master of Marketing degree will open a wealth of career opportunities in the marketing field, from brand management positions to strategic marketing leadership roles. MMKG graduates will be well equipped for employment in the complex and exciting world of marketing.
Learn how Schulich’s specialized Masters programs provide you with the credentials you need for the career you want.
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. Schulich offers a Bachelor of Business Administration, and an...
Why study at Schulich School of Business - York University
- Canada’s Global Business School™: Overseas campuses in Hyderabad, India and Beijing, China as well as Satellite Centres in Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Mexico City
- Global Academic Partnerships: Students can study abroad at one of more than 80 leading management schools in 40 countries
- A Worldwide Alumni Network: 31,000+ alumni working in more than 90 countries and 93 alumni chapters in over 60 countries.
- Cutting-Edge Specializations: One of the broadest ranges of business specializations of any business school – 17 in total
- Groundbreaking Programs: North America’s first-ever cross-border executive MBA degree and one of the world’s first degrees in Business Analytics (MBAN)
- Unique Flexibility: Students can switch seamlessly between part-time and full-time study to balance changing career, lifestyle and school demands.
- Student Diversity: One of the most diverse student bodies of any MBA program in North America
- Faculty Diversity: More than 60% are international, coming from close to 30 countries and speaking in excess of 35 languages
- Program Diversity: Multi-stakeholder perspectives on business and a focus on for-profit, nonprofit and public sector organizations.
Want to know more about Master of Marketing (MMKG)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...