Bachelor in Civil Engineering (Short degree Program)Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Bachelor in Civil Engineering (Short degree Program)
All available course dates
About this program
Earn your bachelor in civil engineering
The Bachelor in Civil Engineering (Short degree Program) is designed for students who already have a Bachelor's degree in a related field. Saxion is one of the most renowned Civil Engineering institutes in the Netherlands and the school’s students participate in many large projects where they work with students from ten other European countries.
Through the course of the civil engineering degree Program students are updated on the latest developments within civil engineering and upon successful completion participants will be ready to take on jobs in hydraulics and water management, both on national and international levels.
There are a wide range of courses on offer, including Hydraulics, Rivers, Mechanics, Geotechniques, Concrete, Coastal Engineering and Water waves in the field of Hydraulics.
In the field of Water Management the courses Water Management, Concrete, Geohydrology, Hydraulics, Rivers and Hydrology are on offer.
In these Bachelor of Civil Engineering courses students gain hands-on experience and the knowledge base required in order to accurately advice people on these matters.
Upon compleation of the Bachelor in Civil Engineering Program, graduates can look forward to working in Government institutions, Engineering companies, Consultancies, Contractors and Research offices. Graduates will be looking at positions such as technical designers, superintendents, constructors, consultants, project leaders and calculators.
The admission requirements for the Bachelor in Civil Engineering are:
- The applicant must have a minimum of three years of higher education in an engineering field
- The applicant must know the basics of mechanics /constructions/materials, mathematics, hydraulics, water management, soil mechanics, surveying
- The applicant must be able to use technical computer models for drawing and calculating
- The applicant must be able to participate in teamwork, make inventories, interpret and find creative solutions in designing civil works, both from the employer’s and designer’s point of view
- The applicant must be familiar with the process from idea to realization within a project
- The applicant must demonstrate that they have the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course
- The applicant must be admissible to Higher Education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year's college)
- The applicant must have sufficient English language skills for the specific course
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The tuition fees for the Bachelor in Civil Engineering are:
- For EU/EEA students: February: € 1.250, discount: € 625 for the first year
September: € 2.168,-, discount € 1.084, for the first year
- For Non-EU/EEA students: February: € 4.450, September: € 7.800,-
Upon successful completion of this Program, you'll receive a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Message the school
About this institute
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Netherlands, with close to 27,000 students (and still growing!). Saxion University has a rich history - its roots can be traced back to 1875. A merger...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Civil Engineering (Short degree Program)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!