Heavy Equipment and Truck and Transport Technician - Certificate
The Heavy Equipment and Truck and Transport Technician program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic gives you basic training in two high-demand mechanical trades at once. Heavy duty equipment technicians work on large mobile equipment—bulldozers, cranes, graders, loaders and earthmovers used in construction, mining, forestry and more. Truck and transport mechanics work on trucks, buses and highway transport vehicles for dealers, garages and transportation companies.
Heavy Equipment and Truck and Transport Technician is a one-year certificate program offered in Saskatoon. Build the knowledge and skills you need to service, maintain, diagnose and repair heavy equipment, trucks, buses and transport vehicles. You’ll get training in:
- air conditioning and heating systems
- brake, steering and suspension systems
- electrical and hydraulic systems
- engines, fuel systems and power trains
- equipment operation and maintenance
- trade math and blueprint reading
- use of shop equipment and tools
English is the language of instruction and examination at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. If your first or primary language is not English and/or your country is not exempt, you will need to provide evidence of your English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. These skills are required to be successful in a Saskatchewan Polytechnic program.
Saskatchewan students graduating from Fransaskois and French Immersion high school programs are not required to meet further English Language Proficiency requirements.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the school website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Brake Systems Air Theory
- Brake Systems Air Shop
- Brake Systems Hydraulic Theory
- Brake Systems Hydraulic Shop
- Drivetrain Introduction Theory
- Drivetrain Introduction Shop
- Drivetrain Intermediate Theory
- Drivetrain Intermediate Shop
- Electrical Basics Theory
- Electrical Basics Shop
- Electrical Starting and Charging Systems Theory
- Electrical Starting and Charging Systems Shop
- Diesel Engines Theory
- Diesel Engines Shop
- Environmental Control Systems
- Hydraulic Basics Theory
- Hydraulic Basics Shop
- Hydraulics Advanced Theory
- Hydraulics Advanced Shop
- Essential Job Skills
- Structural Components Theory
- Structural Components Shop
- Tracks and Undercarriage Theory
- Tracks and Undercarriage Shop
- Trade Mathematics
- Steering Systems Theory
- Steering Systems Shop
- Steering and Directional Control Systems Theory
- Steering and Directional Control Systems Shop
- Basic Tools Theory
- Basic Tools Shop
- Truck and Trailer Systems Theory
- Truck and Trailer Systems Shop
- HVAC and Auxiliary Power Systems Theory
- HVAC and Auxiliary Power Systems Shop
- Work Experience
Length and Start Date
- Start Date(s): September
- Length: 35 weeks
The Tuition fees for 2022/23 Academic Year: $8,370
Please visit the school website for more information about tuition fees.
Thanks to the generosity of donors and alumni, Saskatchewan Polytechnic gives away more than $2 million in student awards during the academic year.
Saskatchewan Polytechnicoffers student awards for every certificate and diploma program at everycampus. Not all student awards are based on marks - some are based on financial need or things like community or volunteer involvement.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic graduates are in demand. When you graduate, you’ll have the knowledge and skills you need to sell, operate, maintain and repair heavy equipment, trucks, buses and transport vehicles. Start your career in an equipment dealership, transportation company, public transit operation, service and rental company. There are also hands-on jobs in construction, forestry, mining and oil and gas industries, as well as opportunities to move into sales, marketing and management. You could also open your own business.
About this institute
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is recognized around the world for our international engagement and development projects. With campuses located in the province's four largest cities (Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina, Saskatoon), and through extensive distance education opportunities, we offer career-focused, applied education...
Want to know more about Heavy Equipment and Truck and Transport Technician - Certificate? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate