Certificate - Vocational NursingRiverside City College
About this program
Certificate - Vocational Nursing
The School of Nursing is a vital component of Riverside City College (RCC) and embraces the mission, values, and traditions of both the RCC District and the College. The School of Nursing prepares quality nursing healthcare providers using a student- centered approach through teaching excellence in an environment conducive to learning. The Vocational Nursing (VN) program prepares individuals to provide general nursing care under the direction of a registered nurse, physician or dentist, including the collaboration with other professionals and consumers in the delivery of holistic healthcare.
RCC has only two international student admission requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
- TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- BIO-45 (formerly AMY-10)*
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Tuition fees: $435 per unit for international students.
Upon completion of the Licensed Vocational Nursing Program, the graduate will:
- Provide quality, safe, patient-centered basic nursing care using evidence-based practices, as a competent, entry-level vocational nurse, under the direct supervision of a licensed physician or registered nurse.
- Function as a competent entry-level, vocational nurse accepting accountability and responsibility for the ethical and legal principles defined in the vocational nursing code of ethics and practice act.
- Function as a leader, assimilating leadership principles in a variety of health care settings for diverse patient populations as a competent, entry-level vocational nurse.
- Exemplify caring through behaviors that support relationship-centered care and demonstrate respect and sensitivity to others as a competent, entry-level vocational nurse.
- Assimilate collaborative relationships through communication with the interprofessional health care team for the purpose of providing and improving patient outcomes as a competent, entry-level vocational nurse.
- Assimilate critical thinking principles using clinical reasoning to make sound clinical judgments necessary for providing safe patient care and contributing to quality improvement as a competent, entry-level vocational nurse.
- Integrate nursing informatics and technology to effectively communicate, enhance knowledge, manage and analyze data, prevent errors, and support decision-making as a competent, entry-level vocational nurse.
Message the school
About this institute
Riverside City College
Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...
Why study at Riverside City College
Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.
Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.
No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.
24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.
Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!
Want to know more about Certificate - Vocational Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!