About this program
Associate of Science - Photography
This program focuses on the principles and techniques of communicating information, ideas and emotion through digital and film photography. The goal is to prepare individuals for careers in photographic and hotographyrelated fields. This includes instruction in: camera operation and maintenance, use and maintenance of all photographically-related equipment, selection of camera equipment, digital and film media, printing media, film developing, light and composition, color and special effects, photography as art, the history of photography, and the use of computer applications to refine and organize photographic images.
Associate of Science Degree
The Associate of Science Degree in Photography will be awarded upon completion of the degree requirements, including general education and other graduation requirements as described in the college catalog.
RCC has only two international student admission requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
- TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Photography
- Introduction to Digital Photography
- Intermediate Photography
- Advanced Photography
- Lighting for Portraiture
- Introduction to Color Photography
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
This Program Pathway will allow a full-time student to complete this program in 18-12 months. For students who require a part time pathway, please see a counselor for more information.
Tution fees: $394 per unit for international students.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in manipulating aperture, shutter and focal length to create a proper exposure as well as control action and depth of field for use in specialized situations.
- Identify, describe and demonstrate formal concepts of photographic composition.
- Define and demonstrate elements of lighting for still life and portraiture.
- Modify images through the use of digital manipulation of pixels using channels, color adjustments and layer blend modes.
- Produce a portfolio of work demonstrating technical competencies and aesthetic merit.
Message the school
About this institute
Riverside City College
Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...
Why study at Riverside City College
Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.
Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.
No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.
24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.
Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!
Want to know more about Associate of Science - Photography? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!