Associate Degree for Transfer in Early Childhood Education

Riverside City College
2 years
Full time
Associate's degree
Scholarships available
On campus
Inquire for more information

About this program

Associate Degree for Transfer in Early Childhood Education

The Early Childhood Education Program provides an educational and practical foundation for students interested in working with children from infancy to third grade. In addition to theoretical principles the curriculum offers practical skills and on-site training that will prepare students for employment in the field of Early Childhood Education. As students progress through the program they fulfill required coursework for the California Child Development Permit and for the Early Childhood Education/Assistant Certificate (6 units), Early Childhood Education, 12 Core Units Certificate (12 units), and the Early Childhood Education Certificate (31 units).

Completion of the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) in Early CHildhood Education will also prepare you to meet minimum lower division admission requirements (60 transferable units) for transfer to a California State University (CSU). The Early Childhood Education program map below includes all of your major coursework and recommended general education courses by term that is needed to fulfill your degree and transfer requirements.

Admission requirements

RCC has only two international student admission requirements:

  • High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
  • TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent

Does this course require proof of English proficiency?

The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!

Learn more Advertisement

Program content


  • Communication Studies 1 or 1H
  • Math 12 or 12H or 5
  • Business 10 or 10H
  • Computer Information Systems 1A

Intersession (Winter/summer)

Art 6 or Music 19 or Theatre Arts 3


  • English 1A/1AH
  • Political Science 1/1H
  • Accounting 1A
  • Communication Studies 12

Intersession (Winter/summer)

Kinesiology 35 or 36


  • Economics 7/7H or 8/8H
  • Geography 1/1H and 1/L
  • Accounting 1B
  • English 1B/1BH

Intersession (Winter/summer)

Business 18A


  • Economics 7/7H or 8/8H
  • Anthropology 1 or 1H
  • Spanish 1 or Japanese 1 or Chinese 1 or Philosophy 12
  • History 6/6H or 7/7H

Scholarships & funding

Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.


Tuition fees: $394 per unit for international students.

Career paths

  • Teacher Assistants
  • Special Education Paraprofessional
  • Preschool Teacher

Message the school

Want to know more about this program, Associate Degree for Transfer in Early Childhood Education? Fill out the following form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.

Currently living in *
Nationality *

About this institute

Riverside City College

Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...

Read more about this school

Why study at Riverside City College


Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.

Great Location

Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.

Easy Admission

No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.

Safe Community

24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.

Transfer Opportunities

Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!

Contact info

Riverside City College

4800 Magnolia Ave
92880 Riverside California
United States of America (USA)

 Show phone number

Message the school

Want to know more about Associate Degree for Transfer in Early Childhood Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.


Be the first to write a review!