About this program
BS in Software Engineering
Perhaps you love working with computers, but your passion extends beyond simple programming. As a software engineer, you will be an integral part of the software design, implementation and testing team for top companies like HP, Google and Intel.
From operating systems and internet browsers to gaming software and smartphone apps, software engineers construct and maintain the digital landscape in which we work and play. You’ll master such skills as coding, system design, quality assurance and testing, and we’ll teach you to manage projects and think creatively to prepare for a career as a programmer or software developer for a host of diverse companies and industries.
Our state-of-the-art facilities offer you a highly experiential and collaborative educational environment. The network systems and security classroom provides an ideal setting for active learning, whether working independently or with a group. During the design and development courses, you’ll work as part of a team to create, troubleshoot and solve the kinds of issues faced daily in your profession.
You’ll acquire real-world experience through an internship or research project facilitated by the program’s collaboration with industrial and academic partners. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics ranks software engineering among the top jobs in terms of pay, satisfaction and growth.
- High school transcript
- A personal essay on a topic of particular meaning and interest to you that tells us who you are and speaks to your values, goals and aspirations as a student
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or someone who can reflect on your dedication and work ethic
- 4 years of English
- 3+ years of mathematics
- 3+ years of science
- 2 years of social science and foreign language
- 3 academic electives
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Programming and Problem Solving and Programming and Problem Solving Lab
- Data Structures and Abstraction and Data Structures and Abstraction Lab
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Object-Oriented Design and Programming and Object-Oriented Design and Programming Lab
- Software Engineering Design and Development
- Introduction to Software Development
- Advanced Computational Problem Solving
- Software Design and Architecture
- Software Quality Assurance
- Software Requirements Analysis
- Software Project Management
- Engineering Professional Experience
- Senior Capstone I
- Senior Capstone II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the University website for more information.
Tuition fee: $48,680
Program Educational Objectives
Within four to seven years after graduation, software engineering majors are expected to:
- Be seen as models of ethical behavior in their profession and community
- Achieve sustained employment in a professional field and / or pursue additional educational opportunities
- Continue lifelong learning as they develop professionally and maintain currency with software engineering knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate professional and personal growth through leadership and mentoring roles
Upon completion of the software engineering program, students will have acquired:
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Message the school
About this institute
Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational university made up of approximately 7,000 undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students from over 60 countries. With a mission to build the University of the Future, Quinnipiac offers 150 programs and counting that will prepare...
Why study at Quinnipiac University
Bring us your ambition. We will help you unleash it. At Quinnipiac, you will find the academic excellence and individualized support needed to thrive in today's global marketplace. Our nationally recognized programs rank among the best in the country while our small class sizes allow you to form deep connections with your classmates and professors.
We are home to nine unique schools ranging from business and engineering, to education and nursing. We are also among the 2.1% of schools in the United States who are home to a School of Medicine and Law. This diversity allows you to engage in interprofessional collaboration and gain a holistic perspective on your field of study, leaving you better prepared for real-world scenarios. It is part of why Quinnipiac has been ranked as the #1 school for job placement in the United States for three straight years.
Visit the institute website to explore a full list of awards and recognitions!
Want to know more about BS in Software Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!