About this program
The Level 2 Interior Design Assistant degree furthers the process of education by offering additional knowledge in design history, space planning, drafting, illustration, computer applications, selection and specification of materials and products, lighting, construction documents, building codes, business/professional practices, plus internship and portfolio development. Course information is applied to both residential and commercial design.
- Unit Requirement - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- Major Requirement - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- Mathematics Requirement - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- General Education Requirement - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Interior Design
- Interior Design Studio 1
- Design Communications 1: Design Graphics
- Interior Design Careers
- History of Interior Architecture and Furnishings 1
- Color and Design: Two-Dimensional (or) Applied Color and Design Theory
- Design Communication 2: CAD 2D
- Interior Materials and Products
- Hist Arch/Furnishings 2
- Professional Selling
- Space Planning
- Design Communication 3: Illustration
- Fundamentals of Lighting
- Design Communication 4: Digital Visualization
- Interior Design Studio 2
- Interior Design Construction Documents
- Business and Professional Practice
- Interior Design Internship
- Portfolio Development
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
- To prepare students for entry-level employment as an interior design assistant to a professional interior designer. In addition, the outcome of this level is for students to progress to Level 3 – Interior Design Professional Level and/or for transfer.
Message the school
About this institute
Orange Coast College
Orange Coast College (OCC) is a 2-year community college located in Costa Mesa, California minutes from Disneyland Resort and California's most popular beaches. As a community college, OCC is accessible offering low-cost tuition and flexible admissions for programs leading to...
Want to know more about Interior Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America