About this program
Engineers apply mathematics and scientific laws to invent and design products and services that are used in everyday life. This Engineering Associate of Science degree is meant to provide students with a strong foundation of engineering and design skills. Theoretical concepts are combined with practical experiences to expose students to real-world engineering problems.
While the core courses are necessary to develop and strengthen the necessary mathematics and physics knowledge an engineer must possess, the elective courses allow for different routes, ranging from additional transferable courses in several engineering majors, to hands-on courses that confer readily employable skills as engineering technicians.
- Unit Requirement - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- Major Requirement - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- Mathematics Requirement - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- General Education Requirement - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Engineering and Design (or) Introduction to Engineering and Design Honors
- Engineering Graphics
- Calculus Based Physics: Mechanics (or) Calculus-Based Physics: Mechanics Honors
- Calculus Based Physics: Electricty/Magnetism
- Calculus 2 (or) Calculus 2 Honors
- Calculus 3 (or) Calculus 3 Honors
- Introduction to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations(or) Introduction to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations Honors
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
- An ability to apply engineering, science and mathematics knowledge utilizing the critical thinking and the problem solving skills to find solutions to problems of engineering nature and design.
- Skills to use the state of the art laboratory equipment and simulation tools for engineering and engineering related practices and research.
- An understanding of the ethical and professional role and responsibility as a member of the society in finding the ways for the betterment of the environment and all humanity and life.
- Knowledge and skills to explain the response of systems and changes in the behavior and properties of the systems and materials due to external influences and stimuli.
Message the school
About this institute
Orange Coast College
Orange Coast College (OCC) is a 2-year community college located in Costa Mesa, California minutes from Disneyland Resort and California's most popular beaches. As a community college, OCC is accessible offering low-cost tuition and flexible admissions for programs leading to...
Want to know more about Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!