Applied ChemistryUniversidade NOVA de Lisboa - Foundation Program
All available course dates
About this program
The Applied Chemistry Bachelor Program (ACBP) extends over 3 years, with 60 credits each year, in a total of 180 credits. Each credit corresponds to 28 hours of learning, including lectures, problem-solving sessions, laboratory classes, seminars, and other learning activities as well as individual study.
The Program prepares the students to immediately integrate the European chemistry-related market, or to access a 2nd cycle of studies if their option is a major specialization.
All teaching activities of the ACBP take place at the Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, mainly at the Chemistry Department.
The ACBP curriculum organization and contents provide the following general objectives: a) A solid background in Chemistry; b) a recognised equivalence with other Cycles from European institutions that offer the same degree; c) an immediate access to other training degrees from National or European institutions; d) acquisition of the generic competences and basic knowledge in Chemistry that enables the new bachelor graduate to enter the European chemistry-related market, including industrial and government laboratories.
Higher Education in Portugal - International Students
General entry requirements that both Portuguese and foreign students must satisfy to apply to a Higher Education institution: Access to Higher Education (information for national and foreign students)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Soft Skills for Science and Technology
- Elements of Analysis and Algebra I
- Introduction to Physical Chemistry
- Chemistry of the Elements
- Laboratory Techniques
- Chemical Structure and Bonding
- General Biochemistry A
- Elements of Analysis and Algebra II
- Physics I Q
- Inorganic Chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry I
- Metabolism and Regulation
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry II
- Molecular Biology B
- Science, Technology and Society
- Separation Methods
- Microbiology B
- Physical Chemistry II
- Inorganic Chemistry II
- Structural Analysis
- Chemical Reaction Mechanisms
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Processes, Development and Monitoring
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
- Portuguese students: 697 €/year
- Foreign students: 7000 €/year
- To develop capacities for independent learning and generic competences that allow the new bachelor graduate to have access to a 2nd cycle of studies.
- To provide a broad university-level education in biochemistry / chemistry, with a good background in mathematics, statistics, physics and genetics.
- To acquire familiarity with the scientific method and develop the capacity to apply it and innovate, to have the capacity to do a previous evaluation, analysis and to solve biochemical/chemical problems, to achieve the competence for the treatment of experimental data, and to learn how to present reports.
- To acquire competences for the use of equipment and laboratory material, individually or in team work, planning and performing tasks with deadlines.
- To acquire competences in the utilization of informatics software in general, as well as in specific bioinformatic applications.
- To acquire competences in science communication, both orally and in a written form.
- To acquire competences to autonomously obtain documentation, bibliographic information about laboratory sessions and lectures, and specific information in key-areas of biochemistry/chemistry.
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade NOVA de Lisboa - SUPERNOVA Foundation Programme
SUPERNOVA was designed for students who have recently finished high school and plan to apply to Higher Education at European Institutions. SUPERNOVA will assist students from different countries in adapting to the European education system, developing language and academic skills...
Want to know more about Applied Chemistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!