About this program
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
The major in Business Administration is an all-purpose general business degree designed to prepare individuals to perform managerial functions in the public and private sectors. Like other majors in the College of Business, students take a series of core courses in the fundamentals of economics, accounting, management, marketing and finance. Students then balance the rest of their major with advanced courses in management, marketing, finance and accounting. The curriculum provides an educational experience for leadership positions in the business and professional world, and in various business ministries within the church-related, service-oriented institutions. The Christian value system and perspective, particularly as it relates to the modern business environment, will be integrated throughout the academic program.
The following information is specific to the traditional undergraduate programs of the University. Admissions to the College of Adult and Professional Studies, Oregon extension, Online Programs, or Graduate Programs are detailed in their respective section of this catalog or student handbooks.
International applicants must complete the same admissions process as other freshman or transfer students.
English Testing Requirement
Citizens of approved countries with English as an official language and/or the language of academic instruction are exempt from the TOEFL and IELTS. A current list of approved countries is maintained by the Center for English Language Education.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Core Curriculum Requirements
Bible and Theology
- The Christian Scriptures
- Work of God, Work of Humanity
- How to read the Bible
- Foundations of Christian Faith
Written and Verbal Communications
- Composition I: Expository Writing
- Composition II: Rhetoric and Research Writing
- Fundamentals of Speech Communication
- Any literature course 3 credits
- Any history course 3 credits
- 3 credits from: Art, Bible, Drama, English, History, Language, Music or Theology
- Minimum 2 courses from the following:
- Business Administration, Communication, Economics, Education, Geography, Health & Fitness, Information Technology, Management, Marketing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology/Anthropology, or User Experience Design
Science and Mathematics
- College-level Mathematics
- Science course with Lab
Formation and Calling
- Life Calling
- Gospel and Culture
Two Core Curriculum elective credits are required to be Career Readiness credits. These credits can be earned by taking a combination of Career Readiness Courses and introductory internship and/or job shadowing experiences.
- This two-credit requirement is waived for students who transfer 60 or more credits to NU
- Students with 47-59 transfer credits are required to take one Career Readiness credit
Select any college-level courses
Lower-Level General Business Courses:
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Business Statistics
- Business Communication
Upper-Level General Business Core Courses:
- Organization and Management Theory
- Information Systems Management
- Marketing Theory
- International Business
- Business Law
- Business Capstone: Policy and Ethics
- Business Internship
International Business Concentration:
- Intercultural Communication
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Total Tuition fee : $33,500
Credits: 125 semester
Academic Award: Bachelor of Arts
Graduates with a degree in Business Administration are able to:
- Apply business concepts and theories to solve business challenges.
- Write a realistic entrepreneurial business plan.
- Compare global and domestic business issues and practices.
- Evaluate ethical dilemmas and other issues in business from a Christian faith perspective.
- Develop a career strategy in the Business field.
General Business Concentration
- Recommend a business strategy based on organizational data in Accounting, Finance, and Marketing.
International Business Concentration
- Gain an experiential understanding of the international dimensions of business functions by participating in an in-depth cultural immersion programs.
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in Business Administration can open up for you include:
- Business Management
- Human Relations
Message the school
About this institute
Northwest University was founded on October 1, 1934. We are a Christian co-educational institution accredited at the highest institutional level nationally and regionally. We awards associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees in over 70 programs. Northwest University is a Christian...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Prague, Czech Republic