About this program
As a sociology student you will develop a set of perspectives and tools that can lead to a fulfilling and productive career and a life informed by an understanding of social change and social justice. Along the way, the core ideas of discipline, as well as professors and fellow students, will present intellectual challenges, inconvenient truths, and intriguing ideas- all with the intent of promoting your own developement and growth as an engaged citizen in the contemporary world.
You can also:
- Choose a concentration in criminal justice, community studies or general sociology.
- Learn more about the community through Community Engaged Learning projects and volunteer opportunities with organizations like WorldRelief, Circle K and North Central’s Cardinals in Action.
- Apply for a Richter Grant to fund your research anywhere in the world.
- Join the Alpha Kappa Delta sociology honor society.
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Life Chances and Choices: Introduction to Sociology
- Pathways in Sociology
- Social Inquiry I: Quantitative
- Social Inquiry II: Qualitative
- Social Life and Social Theory
- Sociological Culminating Experience
One of the following:
- Gender: Patterns/Privileges/Possibilities
- Race/Ethnicity: Conflict and Change
- Social Class: Get Ahead/Fall Behind
Three courses from any of the following three areas:
- Crime, Law and Society
- Youth Justice, Crime and Law
- Power-Based Personal Violence
- Community and City Life
- Research Practicum
- Policing and Corrections
- Chicago Encounters
- Criminal Justice System
- Schools and Society
- Families and Intimate Relationships
- Health, Illness and Care
- Religion, Spirituality and Community
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information
Tution fee: $42,026 per year
- Urban planner
- Social service providers
- Public health workers
- Community liaisons
- Admission counselors
- Public relations professionals
- Juvenile counselors
- Police officers
Message the school
About this institute
North Central College
North Central College is a nationally ranked institution located in Naperville, Illinois, a thriving suburb just thirty minutes by train from Chicago. Our students have access to state-of-the art facilities and distinctive programs, particularly in the sciences and business. At...
Want to know more about Sociology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!