About this program
MSc Wine and Gastronomy
Offered in the Champagne area, the MSc Wine and Gastronomy is a marketing-driven program that aims to provide students with a strong food culture background levied with a solid theoretical base, enabling them to be efficient managers in a wide variety of food, wine and beverage related industries. The program focuses on consumer and firm decision-making relative to food, spices, wine, spirits and other beverages.
5 reasons to join the programme:
- Learn to deal with market challenges specific to the food and beverage industries.
- Gain a multidimensional perspective that incorporates producers, marketers, entrepreneurs, and territorial actors.
- Benefit from premium academic content anchored with professional workshops and become an expert in bridging theory, practice and culture.
- Understand the dynamics surrounding the consumption, marketing and management of food, wine, spirits and beverages.
- Learn to combine modern-day issues (such as technology, Internet, climate change), with heritage to adapt and associate tradition to innovation.
Chat live with students from NEOMA Business School
Do you want to know what it's like to study at NEOMA Business School? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Candidates should demonstrate an interest and/passion for food and wine via certifications, membership to associations, courses, etc. Candidates should have basic marketing knowledge and some notions of business. They should be able to communicate with confidence in English, participate in group work, demonstrate initiative, strong interpersonal skills, enjoy meeting people and having new experiences.
All nationalities are welcome although candidates should be aware that they will be expected to taste and come into direct contact with a wide variety of wines, spirits, beers, and beverages as well as numerous types of foods throughout the year – those with specific dietary restrictions should consider this before applying to the program.
- 4-year Bachelor degree (in economy, business, science, sociology, liberal arts).
- Proof of English language ability is required during the application process (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS 6, etc.)
Recruitment is carried out on a rolling admissions basis. However, given the limited number of places, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The program offers theoretical courses where academic research and advanced marketing principles are juxtaposed with real-life case studies.
Phase 1: Core courses
- Corporate Strategy & Marketing (overview of marketing and management)
- Cross-cultural marketing (bases of international marketing)
- Food culture & sociology – the history of taste and the importance of it in culture
- Statistics for business – understanding how to conduct and interpret research
- Business Law – related to food and wine
- Food economics, agribusiness & sustainability – the world of tomorrow.
- Food and drink consumer behavior (incl. sensory marketing)
- Geopolitics of food and wine
- Food & drink retailing & logistics – from farm (to factory) to table
- HR & Team management + services marketing
- Business dev. & account management (including export focus)
- Communication & brand management (incl. digital)
- Territorial & collective marketing + food/oeno tourism
- Entrepreneurship – building a taste business from scratch
Phase 2: Professional experience mandatory
Phase 3: Final dissertation
Scholarships & funding
NEOMA Business School supports and encourages the best international students to enter its programmes via an ambitious programme of excellence scholarships.
This scholarship and financial aid programme helps the best international profiles enter one of the programmes offered by the school. Determined based on the academic excellence and professional and personal achievements, the excellence scholarships aim to attract the best foreign students.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the institute website.
€ 17 300 per year
Upon completion of the programme, students will graduate with a Master of Science degree.
At the end of the program, students will be able to understand the complex dynamics of the food industry as well as the cultural, global and structural issues that govern how and why consumers buy these products.
Anchored in Champagne, a world-renown wine and culinary destination only 45 minutes away from Paris, this 18-month program is ideal for those aiming for a career in food, wine, spirits, beverage marketing as well as those wishing to work in hospitality.
Careers to which you can aspire:
- Marketing director for a food or wine brand
- Director of food and beverage service in hotel/palace
- Export manager for food or wine brand
- Director of wine brand/house
- Manager of oenotourism for a winery
- International brand ambassador
- Journalist in food and wine
- Market researcher or analyst in food and wine sector
Message the school
About this institute
NEOMA Business School
Established in 2013, NEOMA Business School is a French business school offering a range of academic programs. The school was formed when Rouen Business School, formed in 1871, and Reims Management School, established in 1928, were merged. The school is...
Why study at NEOMA Business School
- 150 years combined experience of delivering academic excellence in higher education
- 3 state-of-the art campuses: Reims, Rouen and Paris
- 3 international accreditations
- 9,500 students
- 100 different nationalities
- 170 permanent professors
- +62% of the faculty is international
- 1,200 professionnal teachers
- 6,800 companies
- + 200 key corporate partners
- 1 network of over 62,300 graduates
- 335 international academic partners
Want to know more about MSc Wine and Gastronomy - Marketing Savoir Faire and Terroir in a Disruptive and Digital World? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate
Diploma / certificate