Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT), established in 1905, is today the northern South Island’s premier education provider of post-secondary school education through to postgraduate level. NMIT is a Category 1 ranked institution by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority, and is the top institute of technology in New Zealand for course completions (2018). NMIT is a New Zealand government funded provider of education with campuses located in Nelson (main campus) and Blenheim (Marlborough & Woodbourne campuses). NMIT provides qualifications that link with the regions’ industries, providing students excellent pathways to employment on graduation.
The majority of NMIT’s students study on the main campus, located in the city of Nelson. In this location you will have a true New Zealand experience on the doorstep of the South Island’s famed scenic spots and with unrivalled access to the outdoor adventures that can be had therein.
Scholarships & funding
- NZD$3,000 Bachelor’s Degree scholarship is for international students enrolling onto full Bachelor’s Degree programmes starting between July 2019 and December 2020.
- English Language Scholarships for the 2019 or 2020 intakes of the English language pathway programme, New Zealand Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) Level 4 or 5, and receive a scholarship for your qualification at NMIT!
Why study at Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- Category 1 Institute (highest New Zealand ranking)
- Over 100 years of experience in teaching students
- Applied learning connected with industry, not only will you learn from books, you will also get to practice, go on field trips and make connections with industry that can give you a better chance of opportunities and employment on graduation.
- We are located in the beautiful Nelson and Marlborough regions, famed for a fantastic quality of life.
Awards & Accreditations
Category 1 tertiary education provider and ISO 9001 certified
CPA and NZICA Chartered Accountants
Information Technology Professionals New Zealand
Student services & facilities
NMIT is well resourced with a good ratio of support staff to students, who are there to orientate you to life on campus and in New Zealand, and support you in your daily life. The NMIT Students' Association organises events and trips for international students, so you will always have a chance to get away from the city to explore New Zealand's beautiful outdoors environment.
NMIT's campus is located in the centre of Nelson City, an easy walk from all the facilities and shopping you need. Save money on transport through being able to walk everywhere. Join the NMIT football team or other community sports teams.
NMIT International Student Support team can provide support in finding accommodation while you study. We also provide an airport pick-up service for all international students.
- Live with a New Zealand family in your own furnished room and become part of the family. Full Homestay includes breakfast, dinner and lunch on weekends.
- NZD$280 per week
- Live with a New Zealand family. You buy and cook your own food.
- NZD$215 per week
Nikau Apartment accommodation options are independently owned and operated.
At Nikau Apartments in Nelson you will live with other students in one, two, three or four bedroom apartments.
Convenient access to your classes, the Library Learning Centre and just a two minute walk to the city.
You will have your own furnished apartment with a bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen to cook your own food.
From NZD$155-210 per week.
Be the first to write a review!