MS in Health InformaticsNational University
MS in Health Informatics
All available course dates
MS in Health Informatics
The field of healthcare is rapidly growing and modernizing, creating a tremendous demand for professionals with skills and knowledge in the application of healthcare information and technology. If you’d like to be one of those that apply digital information to advance healthcare and improve health, the Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) will provide you with a sought-after graduate professional degree in the field. It will prepare you for mid-level and leadership positions within healthcare, technology, and consulting organizations, and ground you in the effective use of information technologies and systems to improve the healthcare ecosystem.
Coursework will encompass areas of information systems, information technology, and informatics, including decision support, care coordination, consumer empowerment, the structured language of healthcare, standards, health information exchange, usability, electronic health records, security, socio-technical aspects of health computing, human-computer interaction, evidence-based practice, and health outcomes.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- U.S. Healthcare System
- EHR Meaningful Use
- Information Systems Strategies
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Quality Appraisal & Evaluation
- Public Health Research Methods
- System Management and Planning
- Health Information Exchange
- Health Informatics Case Study
- Health Informatics Capstone
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the healthcare delivery system in the US and the impact of social, cultural, political, economic, and environmental factors affecting the management and operation of healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate health data management standards, technologies and methods to improve the quality, efficiency, equity, and safety of healthcare practice and organization.
- Develop policies and technologies to protect data integrity and validity, including information privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Develop strategies for improving healthcare delivery and achieving institutional strategic initiatives using information systems and technologies.
- Evaluate leadership principles and practices in health information technology, staff development, technology adoption, and change management in a healthcare organization.
- Evaluate a healthcare organization’s processes and systems to ensure compliance with ethical, legal, and regulatory mandates and professional standards of health information technology.
- Apply statistical and research methodologies to implement evidence-based health information technology management practice and healthcare quality improvement.
- Communicate knowledge of health information systems and technology to stakeholders of the healthcare ecosystem.
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about MS in Health Informatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America