BS in BiologyNational University
BS in Biology
All available course dates
BS in Biology
Become equipped to stake your claim in the worlds of emerging diseases, genetic studies, physiology and biodiversity, threats to species and ecosystem functioning, and global population increase and sustainability with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. The vocational choices for BS in Biology degree holders are broad and fascinating. Careers include those in medical professions, genetics, molecular and cell biology, biotechnology, microbiology, conservation biology, evolutionary biology, ecology, animal and plant science, as well as science writing, editing, and education.
If you’d like to include an interdisciplinary approach to your academic training, this degree allows for the integration of study in the life sciences, with coursework in the physical and earth sciences, as well as applied fields such as forensics. You can also consider the Bachelor of Science in Biology to Master of Forensic Science Transition program for your future.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Preparation for the Major
- Probability and Statistics
- College Algebra & Trigonometry
- College Algebra I
- College Algebra II
- General Chemistry 1
- General Chemistry 2
- General Chemistry 3
- General Biology 1
- General Biology 2
- General Biology 3
- General Physics 1
- General Physics 2
- General Physics 3
- Introductory Organic Chemistry
- Introductory Organic Chem Lab
- General Biology Lab
- General Chemistry Laboratory General Physics Lab
Requirements for the Major
- Cellular Biology
- Cellular Biology Lab
- Molecular Biology
- BIO 407A Molecular Biology La
- Invertebrate Zoology
- Invertebrate Zoology Lab
- Vertebrate Zoology
- Vertebrate Zoology Laboratory
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Discuss biological processes at all of levels of organization: molecular, cellular and microbial, organismal, population, and ecosystem.
- Explain the importance of unifying concepts in biology, including cell theory, genetics, and evolution.
- Describe the structure and function of Earth’s organisms, as well as their roles in the natural world.
- Apply the scientific method in laboratory-based and field-based inquiry.
- Demonstrate effective oral, visual, and written communication and quantitative skills, including the critical analysis of data and scientific literature.
- Evaluate historical developments and research in biology, as well as current and contemporary research and challenges.
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about BS in Biology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...